FOR SALE: Caribou Vamoose frame - SOLD

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The following is taken from the original ad when I bought this here a few months back:

Designed back in the 90s by Richard Grigsby of Cyclescheme this got rave revues in Cycling Plus and other mags at the time.

This is a 'Vamoose' which means that it's very fast when needs be and can weigh as little as 22lbs. This is a genuine all-rounder as proved by lots of owners. It can be time trialled, triathlon'd, road raced, toured commuted or just ridden as a bullet-proof road bike.

Handling has been designed to mimick the classic road bike despite having lower inertia 26in wheels. For those who are interested this is done by having less fork offset to increase the stabilising trail.

The frame is made from Dedacciai tubing, welded by Lee Cooper. Paint job is standard Vamoose - midnight blue with gold forks. Top tube falls away towards the rear in classic KONA style. Rear triangle is long to give heel clearance to panniers.

The virtual top tube is 57cms (23"). Seat tube is 51cm (20") c-c 54cm (21") c-t.

When I built this up I absolutely loved the ride, however the fact that I needed several inches of steerer spacers made it clear it was the wrong size for me. I would think of the sizing in terms of a cyclocross bike (somewhere in between road and mountain bikes). So I would suggest would fit someone of average height.

Bare frame weighs 2.1kg. Forks (uncut steerer), 900gms.

The frame is now used, though I only actually rode it a few times. However it has managed to gather a couple of scratches while leaning against bikes in the cellar. However on the whole the frame is in good nick. I should also mention, to be picky, that an aluminium bottle cage bolt sheared off in the hole, so that'll need drilling out if you need to use it (should be an easy job as it's very soft).

What you get: Frame, forks (uncut steerer with starnut), nearly new headset (used for a handful of rides), seat clamp and I will throw in a set of nearly new mudguards that fit the frame.

Asking £150 inc. postage. Direct bank transfer preferred, but otherwise Paypal as 'gift' or cheque (will be sent upon cheque clearing).

Expression of interest here first followed by PM please. First with cash gets. No dibs.

PS a lot of what look like scratches in the photos are in fact just reflections :oops:

2072wbo.jpg

2zpio7m.jpg

1497f51.jpg

156d552.jpg

nbewk4.jpg

1tk0i0.jpg

15cfrmh.jpg

Interesting looking bit of kit that! I've always been reluctant to use a road bike cycling round London and so have always stuck with the 26" wheels. This frame looks like a good halfway point, increasing speed but keeping that stability. Do you have pictures of it built up?

Latest posts

Back