The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

If Bas and you get to the Peaks early I'm sure a MCR contingent can come over for dinner or show you round town...

No accommodation organised yet but I'm sure we can sort something out for the Friday night. It will be great to have Bas along for the ride.

The Peaks ride announcement thread will be up in a couple of weeks with various accommodation and ride options.

Unfortunately the Machnyncleth weekend has had to be postponed.
We'll make an announcement about the new dates when they are finalised, but an early suggestion is for Saturday October 8th with the option to stay over and do a ride on Sunday too.
I've added this to the calendar subject to confirmation.

This leaves weekend of the 30th-31st July free.

I had thought about the Dent ride, but it's short notice and I'd prefer to have a bit of a run up for such a great place to ride. I still propose the weekend of 20-21 August. Is Saturday or Sunday the preferred option though?

Also with the last weekend in July now free (and marked on the calendar) shall we quickly plan a ride somewhere.
Suggestions please.

drystonepaul":2bndgpvr said:
I'm thinking the weekend after Drumlanrig for the Dent ride. Which would make it the weekend of 20th-21st August.

I'll have a look for that route in my MBR back issues. I have a shoebox full of all the ones I've kept over the past 12 years or so. It'll probably be there somewhere.

Any idea whether it was a recent issue or older...?

I ridden over that way a few times before and it's a brilliant place to ride. I'm sure we can piece together a great route even if we can't find it in a magazine.

Paul. It was April 2010 I have the mag but lost the map, although I did mark it on an OS map. :)

May be struggling for the 20th and the 21st, also Beavis may not be able to make it then too as he will be driving back from Cornwall.

Ha ha, Ive found the map :D

I think it might be best to start from Ribblehead then work our way up and over Whernside with a brake busting decent into Dent for a pub stop then make our way to Dent station, Dent Fell and back to Ribblehead.

What do you think??

That's the 27-28th August bank holiday weekend. I'm happy to go with that. Any objections?

Also is Saturday or Sunday better?

Back