The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

HarryCrumb":vtae4tdg said:
am I one of those people, do I need to pull my finger out ;)

Actually no, unless you have another ride in mind. Waiting for some info about Machnyncleth from Mr K and giant-one is putting a route together around Dent and Ribblehead in the Dales.

We'll have to settle on some dates.

Oh bugger, I'm one of them. Sorry Paul, been busy at work and forgot.

I have a route planned but it may need trimming down a bit as it's 22 mile ish.

We can start at dent station, working our way to Ribble head Viaduct (Pub stop if needed) then work our way under the Viaduct and up over Wernside with one hell of a decent into Dent (Pub stop here too) and work our way back to the station.

The route is from an MBR mag but cannot for the life in me find it on there website?

If any can get it off there that would be a great help.

HarryCrumb":3hp87p8u said:
all sounds good, are there any dates in mind for these?

No dates what so ever at the moment :roll: :LOL:

The one you did with Edd, Pete is a good ride and have thought about doing this but with an extra bit added which cut the 5mile road ride out at the begining and takes you over Sharphaw which was on the left of you when you did the road section, bit of a climb but good technical downhill when dry but an absolute tw*t when its boggy. Slip sliding fun :LOL: :LOL:

Going to do a different loop from Malham on Sat if anyone is interested.

elPedro666":31l9wfex said:
giant-one":31l9wfex said:
Going to do a different loop from Malham on Sat if anyone is interested.

Might well be up for that, have to wrack my brains for what we're up to...

Cool.
Edd's a defo for sat, just need Graham to get a pass. :roll:
Won't be riding retro as Edd's needs to break in his new RS forks on his five so bring the Mmbop ;) :LOL:

I'm thinking the weekend after Drumlanrig for the Dent ride. Which would make it the weekend of 20th-21st August.

I'll have a look for that route in my MBR back issues. I have a shoebox full of all the ones I've kept over the past 12 years or so. It'll probably be there somewhere.

Any idea whether it was a recent issue or older...?

I ridden over that way a few times before and it's a brilliant place to ride. I'm sure we can piece together a great route even if we can't find it in a magazine.

There is some great stuff around Dent Head. Start and finish at The Mortal Man pub. Great ales in there.

On another note,, is anyone staying in Hope/ Castleton on the friday night before the Peaks Meet? Defiant Bas is flying over on the Friday from Haarlem and we can't decide on a night out up here in the North East or to head down to the Peaks early.

Si

Latest posts

Back