Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

I've been in Melbourne for a while now and not managed to get out for a decent ride... anybody up for a ride this weekend?

I'm in, booking it now with SWMBO so she's under no illusions that i just dreamt up on sunday morning that I'm going out haha.

No.1 Son is turning 4 on Sunday so I'm out.. as much as I'd enjoy a ride I'll have to make do with cake and Lego.

Did you end up getting that Kona Skinny? I have been practicing with the pedals you gave me.. what a thrill, waaaay more fun being able to pick the whole bike up with your feet and throw it about.

Hanging to get back to Lyster.

I could try, but no good for me before 12.00. Kids footy season finishes soon! If the late start doesnt work for everyone, I'll sit this round out.
Hi Slow, good to hear your'e getting along with the clipless pedals, but was it hard to screw them onto your Blundstones? !!!!!

had one email from the girl selling it, still waiting to hear from her, probably wont get it as shes got 90% feedback for being a mentalist by the looks of it. Ah well.

Slow6":3t6un3oa said:
... I have been practicing with the pedals you gave me.. what a thrill, waaaay more fun being able to pick the whole bike up with your feet and throw it about...

I just can't believe you've been riding all these years (no disrespect re; your age... :LOL: ) & are only now coming on board with spuds! This year is S.P.D.'s 20th anniversary!

Slow6":3t6un3oa said:
...Hanging to get back to Lyster.

Surely not, with what's @ your doorstep! :?

Slow6":2zf77eae said:
Stands to reason.. We lived with a girl in Brighton once and she was as mad as a bag of frogs :?

Quirky and ditzy I can just manage if its cute, but I bet this bird must be a weapons grade pain in the arse. No excuse for nearly 2 weeks and 1 email off her and half a dozen off me. Seriously if you can't be arsed to arrange for something you are selling to be completed then get the **** off eBay and stop wasting peoples time.

anyhoo.....

Sunday looks like a good un, Pete just ring us we will be there and I am sure you can catch us up.

And Arran mate, Luban loves Lysty because of his riding buddies US! hehe Should be a good day of we get a good turnout. I'd come on the Marin if it was finished but its weeks away from completion I've got parts coming in from all over for it, got some lovely polished STX shifters for it the other day so its going to be 8 speed, which reminds me, I need an 8 speed cassette, Arran what ya got haha?

Arran":17wqaflf said:
I just can't believe you've been riding all these years (no disrespect re; your age... :LOL: ) & are only now coming on board with spuds! This year is S.P.D.'s 20th anniversary!
I stopped riding not long after I discovered beer and girls and only took it up again recently.. that accounts for some of the 20 years :oops:

Arran":17wqaflf said:
Surely not, with what's @ your doorstep! :?

Don't get me wrong, the trails up here are awesome and totally deserted which I LOVE.. but Lysterfield = a distinct lack of rocks , a shop what sells lattes and not completely awful company. Makes a nice change :D

Back