1987 Cannondale and 1999 Klein Mantra

pretty much exactly what i was going to do to mine - if i'd liked the ride there would be 2 that looked like this

the dale looks fantastic,much better than the battleship grey it was when you bought it off me
myself prefer the yellow to the polished finish
that'll teach me to buy a bike for the mrs without her being there
just bought a 1988 dale ,hiding in the garage
apparently 4 mtb's in the garage and a 4 grand road bike living in the front room is not normal
keep up the good work
tony

Dale - :shock: yum yum
Klein - :cool: but straight bar please OR take bar ends off (and give them to me as I want some for my Avalanche ;) )

Hi Tony
Thanks for the 'Dale its just great. Did you buy the one of the Fleabay in York last week?? I fancied that myself.

Si

certainly did
its in good condition ,needs a good clean and a new elastomer on the flexistem but should make a good project
the yellow is stunning,your probably ok up nr morpeth but down here in sheffield,though it is gods own mtb'ing centre,ifyou make your bike look too good some scumbag will have it away
is that an alfa gulia you rally, nice motors nearly bought a fulvia once god the engine was lovely,body was knackered but the engine!!!!!
in the end couldn't part with my 69 cooper-wish i still had it
anyway you have done the old dale proud
you will probably find that restoring old bikes is nearly as expensive as old cars
thanks
tony

Back