Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1992

captaincosmic":jep4gf5h said:
I am useless with computers so just sat down and posted it all at once :D

I think Minty Sauce expressed it better than me :D

Is the front mech coping fine with the shifting, the M900 crank with that frame and band size mech really should use a 107mm* length bottom bracket. (put it on your when I get a UN90/91 or Ti bottom bracket list :LOL:)

*possibly 110mm if the none drive is not sitting at equal distance on the pedals

erm
can I ask..in your first picture..the wall bracket?...buy it or make it and if so how?

Bracket bought around 17 years ago from the bikeshop I worked in..Mountain Tamers ( aka Noel Craft Cycles in Boston Lincs.

I will have to let you know on the BB size although that size was reccomended by an authority on here..I fancy a Ti one maybe with adjustable cups so I can float the axle into the desired position. It set up real easy though and shifts well so I guess the proof will be in using it.

BTW cable routes are all as the original see attached...

Attachments

• rmb1C[1].jpg
    rmb1C[1].jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 2,353
  • rmb2C[1].jpg
    rmb2C[1].jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,352
Interesting the magazine article has it the other way, the catalogue and spiel around then had it the other way even into 1993 it still went the other way. Like I said it's not really important as it will all still work as many on here use it that way as well. 113 a valid length for the chainset, just not the optimal one.

I like it with the read decals on as well.

protective tape on now and the first ride tonight :)

It rides like a proper racer very like my P7 but instantly comfortable if that makes any sense
you wouldnt like to ride it all day though unless you were super fit as the set up is a real nose on the front tyre and backside in the air.
Its very willing and wants to go faster I cant understand the handling comments in the article because it felt very lively but stable ..the P7 feels like a mad horse by comparison and the Alpinestars is like a canal barge but a goat on the climbs ;)

I will give her a real test Tues night with the East Mids crew on one of our Ticknall rides hopefully get some muddy pics done :D

nicely done! glad to see a good influx of RMs to the forums! welcome to the Canadian club! ;)

oh thats sexy.......!!! :shock: fantastic job too....!!! :cool:

(p.s sorry i missed your email :oops: )

Back