BoTM July 2011 - Euro Special - Nomination Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinn Z-753.

Zinn Z-753. Built in 1990 and concieved by Great Britains own Isla Rowntree and Andy Thompson, Using Reynolds new mtb specific 753 tubeset, Handbuilt to a full european spec with Campagnolos new Centaur Groupset. Its intended purpose Pro/Elite catagory racing.

Full Pics (including ride pics p.5) can be found here...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156265

Attachments

• ZInn 753 and campagnolo 1990.full european build and handmade in great britain.JPG
    ZInn 753 and campagnolo 1990.full european build and handmade in great britain.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • mycycles malvernhills classic 1990.JPG
    mycycles malvernhills classic 1990.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 843
Re: Zinn Z-753.

sinnerman":1nno7m6b said:
Handbuilt to a full european spec with Campagnolos new Centaur Groupset

That's more like it! (is it too late to withdraw! :LOL: )

Re: Zinn Z-753.

sinnerman":1akuvztu said:
Handbuilt to a full european spec with Campagnolos new Centaur Groupset. Its intended purpose Pro/Elite catagory racing.

Except, like mine, for the grips.... why ARE euro-sourced grips so hard to find?

I used to hammer my Italian mountain bike. Unlike the Rossin it wasn't made in Italy.

canmore.jpg

Beautiful stuff, Sinnerman, just beautiful. Those Campa parts are so rare that it's a real treat to see a full groupset on a bike.

:cool:

Yes, Zinn is my favourite bike so far. This month elimination is quiet clear to me. Nice european bikes with Sachs/Campagnolo/Mavic groupset are first in line to get my vote.

I looked up this thread today and was initially surprised to not see the most obvious choice, the 'Zinnerman'. I was relived when I reached page 5 to find it there almost reaching out to me in its staggering drop dead gorgeousness.

If its a European build then the few that spring to mind for me are:

Cinelli, Colnago, Overburys, Yates, Lloyd and Zinn.

These where the big guns of the day and some still are, although somewhat underground. The Cinelli is a masterpiece in colour, the Yates is a UK legend, the Colnago is alluring in its lines, but the Zinn takes the biscuit.

The Zinn leaves the simple tune of 'MC Hammer' ringing in all the others ears.......Nah nah nah nah, You can't touch this!

That tune will now be bouncing around in your head and you will find yourself humming it whilst waiting for the kettle to boil, make sure you cast your vote, as I will for the ‘Hammer Time’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back