Show us your homemade tools

Home made tools ? , all I see here are workshop tools . The best tool is the tool to hand .

Hmm , lets think . We use the seattube out of a rocky mountain for popping seals back into forks . Perfect diameter and was knocking about .

I cut the bb shell out of a carbon scott frame and I use that to store a few tooth brushes , the digital vernier , and a few pens .

An xtr rear mech is a key chain for locking one of the containers .

A magnet with some tape on it holds all manner of paperwork to our cupboard doors .

hope bb and headset containers are used to store all manner of small things , mostly our workshop supply of minstrels at the moment .

I took a lezyne allen and torx set and combined the two into a much more convenient single tool . The rep who was in yesterday couldn't work out what was going on while he was fixing our floor pump ( which I rasta taped as I got sick of it getting lost in the sea of other items )

I prefer string to check frame alignment as the FAG can be cumbersome .

Various nuts and bolts get used to remove various stuck and seized shite . You just have to think quickly and creatively .

At no point have I used a pair of pliers on a zipp wheel . Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do , damn triathletes bringing their broken stuff moments before they race :x

WD Pro":2zlqev48 said:
I make bits as I need them - just sold (with the hub) tools for pressing in / out hope front hub bearings to another retrobiker :D

Nicest tool I have made is a adjustable wheel adaptor to hold the digi camber gauge for setting up my car :D

I am a bit limited now though with no access to a lathe / workshop :-( but have managed to cobble together a king headset press with some parts made by another member :cool: just needs anodising now ... :oops: :LOL:

WD :D

The camera was out and I had been in my tool storage area (under the bed :LOL:) and it caught my eye :

DSC06437.jpg

The laser cut quick release 'spanners' are my design for setting up the front suspension. They repace the dampers when the car is on stands, the bottom setting is full droop (to stop the bottom wishbones resting on the chassis) and the top setting is the 'perfect' ride height for setting up the tie bars and camber :D

The tool with the plate in the middle is all my design and made by me :D It holds the magnetic camber gauge and is adjustable to suit from 13" to 22" wheels. Other than the rivnuts and magnet plate, all the fittings are stainless :D

The camber gauge has only been re-anodised to match :oops: but I did need to re-pot the magnets and re-set the spirt bubble :D

This is the king specific headset press :

DSC06416.jpg

It will probably suit other types though :D Other than the bearings and the ally parts (yet to be anodised), everything is stainless :D

WD Pro":1q2gco68 said:
This is the king specific headset press :

DSC06416.jpg

It will probably suit other types though :D Other than the bearings and the ally parts (yet to be anodised), everything is stainless :D

Looking like a beaut!

Supratada":3u13chlx said:
Nowt to do with bikes, but a homemade tool nonetheless.
Crankshaft locking tool and pulley extractor for MKiv Toyota Supra. In 18mm polished mild steel.

DSCN7235.jpg

you sure that is 18 mm and not 1.8 mm?

made a cain whip but got no photo.

car related, Land Rover Steering drop arm puller.

Attachments

• Mine.JPG
    Mine.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,445
Doesn't really count but I used a Shimano SPD pedal as a beer bottle opener at the weekend... Actually worked really well too.

Back