Scunthorpe ride 17.07.11 the aftermath...

Nice to meet up by accident, I am on the forum occasionaly, mostly the road bike section. My friend and I hope to come across to the north bank ride when details come out. It did rain hard didnt it!!! Good to see some classy bikes out. The Spitfire was great to see and hear overhead and the cafe was a welcome haven from the deluge. Hope to see you out and about again.

scunny ride

scunthorpe has much off-road action, i tell you!

09:20 sunday. we find the meet point and grin as there is no charge for parking :cool:

DSCF0097.jpg

t'was nice to catch up with other RETROBIKE members and show some metal.

DSCF0101-1.jpg

DSCF0100-1.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

the waffling over with plus, some bike parts and wisdom exchanged we were ready to beat the expected showers which, we didn't. all good fun!
DSCF0105.jpg

fluffychicken nearly hits light speed!

DSCF0108.jpg

tour guide.

DSCF0110-1.jpg

DSCF0107-1.jpg

some tarmac section connect the loop giving a break from the nettles. plenty of woodland and fields to enjoy.

DSCF0113-1.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0117.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

this is more like it! a patriotic character

DSCF0111.jpg

i distract Andy B to let the others get to the front of the queue at the pub.

DSCF0129-1.jpg

chrisv40: "why did i peg that washing out?"

DSCF0135.jpg

busy laughing at chrisv40' camera falling over i forget that mine was ready to take!

DSCF0132.jpg

this mock 'fosilised' t-rex playing dead is a legendary feature round these parts aka the dragon.
DSCF0141.jpg

thanks to all who attended and a special thanks to longun for the leadership. see you all again soon, you know who you are.

;)

Dangermouse":itmm63kn said:
Next time theres a scunny meet let me know, me n the missus will tag along ;)
No problem, keep your eyes peeled in the Lincolnshire Area Group section of the forum (link in my sig below)

Will do Andy, any Idea when the next ride locally will be, we were out that way last sunday but didnt spot any other riders...........but we did stop off at new shop we spotted for a look and the owners got aroused at my bike so kept me prisoner for a while :LOL:

chris(longun) got the giant finished now so give me a shout next time your riding
good to see you showed them all the regular trail,its a nice ride.
i still need to ride and map that route near me

oh and i think me and dave are riding the next few days

Back