1991 Specialized EPIC ULTIMATE - Build 100% complete!

Silver brakes definately, I like the contrast.

The cable routing at the front looks a bit mad....is that a trick of the photograph?

P.S. I like it, are you gonna ride it? I mean really ride it :twisted:

jango":2f4hjx3o said:
Silver brakes definately, I like the contrast.

The cable routing at the front looks a bit mad....is that a trick of the photograph?

P.S. I like it, are you gonna ride it? I mean really ride it :twisted:

The cable routing goes that way. One option would be to cross the shifter cables under the downtube...

No, I won't ride it. Don't want to ruin the NOS theme. I have other bikes for riding.

very nice Kai, looks straight out of the spesky catalogue :D
ask Ashok nicely to include it in the specialized ultimate web page ;)

Archangel":2fhljih9 said:
Getting better...now with NOS Turbo seat, XC Pro QRs, Specialized handlebar and NOS Ground Control Extreme tires.
I will have NOS Dia-Compe 986s coming from the States to replace the current ones. BTW: Should I use the silver brake arms or black ones (originally had black) ?

The current Shimano HG90 chain will be replaced with NOS Suntour XC Pro chain and the black XTR shifter cables with some silver ones... Cable outers are already Suntour Accushifts.

epic10.jpg

epic11.jpg
What an eye for detail :shock: :D

Thanks! I think there are many at least as good or better builders here - take Jez, Rumpfy and Carsten for example... But thank you for the compliments anyway! :D

Archangel":1rrw13uk said:
Thanks! I think there are many at least as good or better builders here - take Jez, Rumpfy and Carsten for example... But thank you for the compliments anyway! :D

I don't know man...relooking at those pictures....really top notch work.
A full Suntour build is much more difficult to pull off than a full Shimano build.

Back