My custom built Edelbikes 29er singlespeed

That looks great Ed, you must be really pleased with how it's turned out.

Really looking forward to the first ride report.

That's my bike after I've been to the frame builder with my wish list! Ed that's astonishing!! The lovely thing I heard about " mid-life " crises ( Plural of " crisis. " I had to look it up. :oops: ) recently was that it's an American media idea fostered by the advertising industry and is better viewed as a " mid-life ripening " or just as good a " mid-life matururing. "
Unique is a good point; I'd abandon the disc version as I've a lovely ( never selling!! ) White Iindustries Eno eccentric hub to handle SS/geared winter/summer crossovers.
I'm so glad you liked the Monkey. I'll probably go back to 29ers one day day....they're a blast! Well done on an excellent bike mate!!
Anytime you fancy a blast around Bristol look me up.

Thanks :D I loved the Karate Monkey so much that I copied the geometry for this bike, except for a longer headtube. The 'Monkey was perfect except for the stack of spacers under the hi-rise stem and the fact that it wasn't custom made for me, otherwise I'd have carried on using it as my main ride. It's still going to be used though - it's now got a set of cyclocross wheels on it and it'll be on commuting duties as a 1 x 8.

I'll take you up on your offer of a ride one day :D

Very smooooth, lovely job Ed. It must be fantastic to have such a personal ride made up. It's great and new, will be even greater with many many thousands of miles on it.

Saw this beauty this morning rode out into the beautiful Derbyshire countryside with Ed and Rob and I can tell you this is even better in the flesh and I love the detailing right down to the large flange hubs which give it a pioneering retro look.
Nice one Ed :LOL: :!: :LOL:

That looks superb :cool:

I think the orange was well worth the time taken to decide on it :D

For a BIG bike it looks just right - your builder has done a super job.

One question & one observation ....

Q: Did the chain ring make it through without customs taking their bit :evil:

O: The chain ring clearance with the chainstay looks very tight :shock: may just be the angle.

Wonderful bike though

M

Back