Big pic Peugeot thread

Not got a photo of the 1984 ladies Peugeot I did last year and sadly I've just had to retire a 1978 frame & forks due to frontal crash damage :( didn't notice the damage til I'd got all the bits cleaned up :oops: so now looking out for a late '70s frame & forks in usable condition to hang everything on - if anyone's selling let me know pls!

A couple more Pug refurb's I've done for mates:

1989 Monaco singlespeed * (since photo was taken I've respaced and redished the rear wheel for single freewheel, and fitted a nicer saddle)
* note period Kellogg's spokie on rear wheel :cool:
30807_439048131170_586536170_6214414_3752576_n.jpg

1987 ANC-Halfords (crap pedals since been replaced with quills):
16136_197161511170_586536170_4457335_6991326_n.jpg

ah the joys of french bikes, so underrated...

5891682856_a8b3f7f47f.jpg

my peugeot optimum, excuse the pedals...they have since been put in the big box of crap in the cellar.

It's also for sale in the for sale bit...but its really a lovely bike, be sad to see it go.

forgot about this one that the missus zoomed around on for a while a couple of years ago, nice 653 with Chorus/Athena groupset, Mavic rims and a firm Turbo!

n586536170_2829220_1760764.jpg

It's back on the road after hours of fiddling and polishing. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it! I have retained most of the original components as they seem to perform OK after servicing.

Pug1.jpg

Pug2.jpg

Pug3.jpg

Pug4.jpg

Pug6.jpg

I ended up having to re-rivet the rear brake hanger back onto the frame as it had loosened! Handling improved no end!

:D

Great Thread!

Great thread here, I am not a Peugeot addict yet however I am picking up my new baby tomorrow morning and I am pretty excited about it.

It's a Peugeot Perthus and it will be my first Road Bike since my Raleigh Equipe I rode in the early 90s.

I am not sure what the plans are for this bike it all depends on the condition but from the pictures I have seen it looks tidy and just needs a wipe over and a service then away I go.............................although I get the feeling that is how many projects started out.

I will update tomorrow if anyone is interested

here my Perthus Pro . . .

and I also drooled over that catalogue too.

I bought mine new in about 1987 with my first pay-packet!!!

pug004.jpg

Well having picked mine today I can safely say that I can not compete with Khushy's for condition but I do have pretty much an original bike albeit in a rusty & dusty state, but that is half of the fun!

Well I am off to make a start on the project and will pop by with photos and a blog link soon.

legrandefromage":hfoycjst said:
Since joining RetroBIKE I've become a big fan of Peugeot so I'd like to big up this site:

*link removed in order to post*

Its been mentioned before but theres some new scans that have left me salavating at some late 80's retro action.

Enjoy!

legrandfromage - Thanks for sharing the scans and for the link also, I hope you don't mind but I have used one of the scans as the background for my blog for which I can't link to yet as I have not made enough posts.

Please let me know if this is not ok and I will remove ASAP.

Thanks

Back