1993 FAT CHANCE Shock-A-Billy #036P3ML

First time I have a look at this build. Nice project and great paintjob on the forks. Looking forward for it's final build.

Cheers,
Martin

t_drooling_homer_2141-261x300.gif

Cheers for the comments Amigos, the Billy is coming on Great Guns..

GoldenEraMTB, I slotted in the MRC Ti BB and mounted the Steelies a coupla days ago; they fit perfecto.. It's quite amazing how wide the BB needs to be to accommodate the AMP Chainstay..

I ordered a new shock from Risse too, the Astro-5, which was a bit of an unexpected outlay [seems to be a recurring theme with this build!] but I'm sure will make this Rig much more of a Rider. The Mags will hopefully balance out the geometry too; the Judy DHs kick the front up a bit..

Also, I had some trouble with the Seat Tube area at the Seatpin clamp.. It seems that at some point [possibly last rider owner] a Smaller Than 29.4mm Seatpin may have been used because the Seat Clamp Split was bent i.e. a 29.4mm post wouldn't slide in so easily.. So, with a sacrificial Kalloy post, I've had to carefully prize the opening up and sit the Kalloy in there to restore the 29.4mm opening. I was worried that doing this Post Paint would mean cracking, but I seem to have gotten away with it..

Required to finish:

Black Ringle Holey QRs
31.8mm Seat clamp

Yes, at some point someone was using a 29.2 or had it poorly shimmed...it seems.

Cheers on the BB and Steely Danz; glad they fit just right. Those old school long spindles come in handy :cool:

I have a 31.8 Fat Clamp, if you can't find anything local.

Back