Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

ok got to page 40...

So I'm trying to pinpoint the year model of my old mans bike from BiTD
Saracen, Black, early 90's, pierced top top, diamond frame, cro-mo, 500LX-ish.

That's about all I have to go on, SE or something ring a bell in my head.

my memory says, pretty much. Components where not Acera/Alivio and I don't remember the garish Limited sticker on it.

EDIT done a search on that and this picture light a few brain cells
saracen_ltd_edition_586.jpg

the Saracen logo!

also came across another one, but wrong design
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/sarac ... n/81505406
67675303.jpg

If its the top smaller pictured saracen its a 1991 which I belive is a limited edition had canti brakes, the other black one from 1991 was a traverse hydrotech again in black with silver forks looked very similar but had magura brakes :cool:

The lower pictured Saracen is from 1990

Gravy Monster":1qbavmzj said:
If its the top smaller pictured saracen its a 1991 which I belive is a limited edition had canti brakes,...
Certainly canti and a funny split stem like the seattube/toptube. Lead to believe, BitD by shop 'Limited Edition' was an older frame with parts slapped on it to sell them on cheaply ?

FluffyChicken":dxij2mox said:
'Limited Edition' was an older frame with parts slapped on it to sell them on cheaply ?

Basically yes, more or less anything with 'limited edition' or 'special edition' from Saracen was exactly that. Plenty of examples of non catalogue bikes around where Saracen put on some new decals and whatever components they had plenty of in the assembly factory in Warwick or at their dealers.

Back