It will be the only one in the world Merlin Di2- Finished

I have decided to go with the flight deck on this one because it does away with the led control unit. The flight deck sets up your gearing and tells you when your battery is getting low, basicly it is now the brain of the bike and comes with its own software which is wireless for your pc. i have put a pic of the old control unit in the last pic, and a pic of the software that you can go into on your pc to setup and control all the information on your bike.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I still await my mechs, but will keep you updated.

thanks andy

Now i have had to remake di2 so that i could fit these new triggers to the merlin. These switches have been re configured so that i can have one on each side, they are made for the rear mech only, but with some diaognastic re configuring i have made one for each side. The problem i have is waiting for supplies. I cannot put these switches on the klein because i am using the new flight deck which requires you to use the TT shifters because the flight can be controlled from the TT shifters.

I will be doing a downhill bike with di2 in the next week just awaiting more supplies. You cannot just cut and attach cables together due to the fact that shifter cables use 3 wires and TT shifters use 4 and the control unit uses five, so we all know 4 don't go into 3, but i found that the 4th wire is a ground or earth wire, well i never found this out, credit goes to my electronic man at (Albany Cycles Coventry).

I will update with nice pics when all 3 bikes are complete.

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

Got the shifter on just going to put mech on now and this yeti is ready to rock and roll at the forrest of dean.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

You got toooo much time and money....BTW hows the Klien I saw you with at Albany t'other mont..you touched up the chip on the seatclamp?

rc300":oeh6tr2p said:
You got toooo much time and money....BTW hows the Klien I saw you with at Albany t'other mont..you touched up the chip on the seatclamp?

i forgot all about that chip due to my di2 obssesion. i need more money due to the fact that i will di2 anything at the mo.

they will all have to be di2 soon because thats the way to go for the future.

thanks andy

At last i have finished this yeti project and it has been a nightmare due to the fact that i did not and could not know if all the electronics would work after all the cutting and stripping of wires. Just the Klein to finish and the merlin to update with new shifters.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks for your input on this project and will post pics of all 3 bike when all completed.

thanks andy

Nice work , love that Yeti !

just a question though , does rewiring the system invalidate the guarantee ?

Back