Zinn Z-753. (Ride pics added)

Giom6":2ch897vi said:
Thanks Carl, they are nice to see. I haven't seen the 91/92 brochure before so its really good to read something about the company and its philosophy.

No probs mate, look forward to seeing yours soon, and glad its been of some use... :cool:

Hopefully won't be too long till its finished - fingers crossed. Just waiting for some cables and then I'll get some pictures up.

Carl, has yours got the clear plastic cable tubing along the top tube? Have you seen them before on other bikes? If it does could you do me a big favour and take a photo of them as I need to try and get hold of some for mine.

Anybody know where I could find them?

Thanks

Re: Top stuff

Rob Atkin":3ip085qt said:
slimjoe":3ip085qt said:
It looks superb! Its made me start my hunt for some NOS Conti Bajas again :LOL:

.... I had some very recently which I struggled to sell.........

I so wish i had known......!!!! :shock:

Giom6":tkn0bxht said:
Hopefully won't be too long till its finished - fingers crossed. Just waiting for some cables and then I'll get some pictures up.

Carl, has yours got the clear plastic cable tubing along the top tube? Have you seen them before on other bikes? If it does could you do me a big favour and take a photo of them as I need to try and get hold of some for mine.

Anybody know where I could find them?

Thanks

Yes sure, ill get it washed down, and take a pic for you! In the past for a lot of my cable runs, i have used stripped electrical cable, taken out the core and used the sleeve, see sum of my builds, i think the cannondale has it. :D Ill make a call tomoro, see if clear is still avaliable, and let you know. :D

Some info, on the Reynolds 753 tubeset as requested by pm, , i hope its of some help. :cool:

•753ATB- Mountain, All terrain, Off road and 753 - Heat-Treated Manganese-Molybdenum. The most exclusive tube set from Reynolds. Essentially 531 made with reduced wall thickness and heat treated to increase tensile strength. UTS: 1080-1280 MPa (70-83 Tsi, 157-186 ksi) Complete tube set of 11 tubes (Frame 8, Fork 3). 753 can only be lugged and fillet-brazed with an alloy of 56% silver below 700 degrees Celsius and sale is restricted only to approved builders certified by Reynolds.

I thought it was worth adding to the thread... :?

Thanks Carl, really appreciate it. If I could find some of those then it would be the finishing touch.

I wonder if the hope disc version was the next year?

Rod_Saetan":19xd4bjv said:
Interesting to see that later catalogue - no mention of the Hope disc version though?

It is detailed on the price list for the forth coming model year and ready for the new race season though, if i have chance i will scan and post it tomoro.

Back