Midweek Moontains

I'll try and do one too, I'll be out with the kids tonight on the tentsmuir single track, although 7.30 will be toward the end of the ride.

Done it for a while, now up to £2 from last year's £1 - It does catch you out if you turn up with no change. Free for cyclists though :)

Were you there recently? West sands in St A is now free, that surprised me too.

went up for my birthday but had no change so had to turn back! There was come really nice undulating singletrack in the trees BITD, nice wee bombholes as well as the flatter trails round the trees. Great place to ride.

A lot of the single track is still there but there are sections really overgrown. You can still get from Tayport to the ice house and then the Carpark with only around 300yrds on the fire roads, we will be looking for more to connect the gaps tonight :)

I haven't traced that far down yet, I have seen small sections but they stop dead at ponds and the like, I never road the old XC route so I'm not sure what is what. We have incorporated the ice house to carpark section in to our weekly run and will add more as we find it.

Map of weekly Tentsmuir Loop

Aaaah that takes me back to 1994. I'd pedal the old Townsend Beartooth down from the hilltoon, cross the bridge and slog along to Tayport for a circuit of Tentsmuir pretty much like your doing TK. Always thought Tentsmuir looked just like parts of eastern europe you'd see warsaw pact tanks excercising around. I kept expecting to meet a T-72 around a bend.
Too vivid an imagination I know but helped me deal with the flat terrain :LOL:

7.30 picture

bitd.jpg

Back