1997 Saracen Protrax SE - 'mass produced' update

The fromagenated version is just as it should be :cool:

One of the things that interests me is the style of cable guides.. Seen on the 98 range of bikes. Most of the 97 bikes I have seen adorn the older style guides leading me to think there is potential for this to be a 98, however, it wouldn't surprise me if Saracen changed the guides halfway through 97 :? or just used them on select bikes. The shift/brake levers and crank also indicate 97.

funny how these things turn out, heres an earlier one, bitterly disappointed that it was too small - I loved the paint job and the ride was great for a frame from a company with such a piss poor reputation amongst the masses. They did do some very nice stuff over the years:

the_blue_and_white_saracen_765.jpg

direct comparison:

fromagenated_733.jpg

and my first Retrobike NOS project:

dsc01035_736.jpg

and another flat, disappointing ride:

saracen_sahara_elite_redux_243.jpg

I went to my local tip to enquire about bikes being left there, and is anyone allowed to take a look.

The answer was a straight "NO"......there is some company that comes and takes them all away........

They were called LGF or something!!

:D

Seriously, its a no go at our tip!!

legrandefromage":1wk9yd0g said:
and another flat, disappointing ride:

saracen_sahara_elite_redux_243.jpg

The protrax frame would weigh in a few ounces under 5lb whereas the cheaper frames were probably about 5 and half pounds. I have a cheap tufftrax/terratrax as my commuter and whilst very much the same as my 96 kili comp it rides nothing alike.. As you say flat, whereas the kili has plenty of zing to it.

I love it ...found this at my local tip
not in Chelsea is it ? lol
It reminds me of the many hundreds of folks with Faberge items they ....found at the carboot sale :LOL: :shock: :LOL:
nice work my friend ;)

Very nice to see this. I bought an identical frame on ebay a couple of months ago. I have yet to finish building it but it is reassuring to learn that it will probably be worth the effort.

Back