Hope Tech X2

Nick C":3fey2h13 said:
Well I've plumped for the Hopes with floating 183 rotors and braided hoses. They better stop me without squealing, or else I'll be brandishing them like bolas and hunting you lot down. ;)

Buy a huge tin of rotor cleaner and use it regularly. :?

Floating rotors dont really 'float' ,they're as fixed as any other. ;)

What's the thoughts from the trade on using rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit or methylated spirits?

Pure IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) is best for cleaning rotors with.

The good stuff if the highest purity IPA as the lower purity IPA can have additives that may not evaporate and could cause issues

Duh! For some reason I didn't think it would be available on the internet, thanks for doing my work for me.

Nick C":30ybz629 said:
Well I've plumped for the Hopes with floating 183 rotors and braided hoses. They better stop me without squealing, or else I'll be brandishing them like bolas and hunting you lot down. ;)

That's exactly what I have and they only squeal when absolutely wringing wet and then only while they dry off..... lovely brakes

What pads have you found offer the best performance and longevity of life (northern 'ard' English weather)?

I am currently using stock Hope organics that came with it and they stop me great using a front 203 and a rear 183 rotor. They do squeal occasionally when wet but I find pedalling with them half on stops that (not for the rest of the ride I might add). When these die I will probably shift to sintered to see how they go for winter.

Back