1989 TVT Lemond World Champ replica. No.54 of 300 made

mark34":1v519725 said:
John":1v519725 said:
What tyres are you running on the lemond Mark?

Vittoria Corsa CX tubulars, John..

Cheers

Are these the tyres Lemond would've run? Sadly looks like they no longer make them in skinwall.

I know where there is a set but not cheap, I paid £150 for my 2 tyres. Sometimes they turn up on ebay alot cheaper

John":2tyijahw said:
Just dug out a rather iconic pic of Lemond winning in Chambery in the rain.
Is it just me or is the bike Lemond rides in that photo not a TVT? The polished alu lugs are clearly missing and the head tube is purple and yellow instead of only purple. Seems a bit odd to bring out 300 replicas of the wrong bike :?

Nevertheless the TVT of TS is a stunning bike. Back in 1989 I wanted one of those so badly, but 16-years old at that time and I was not even close to enough money to buy any pro bike.

absolutely stunning... the colour, the groupset, wheels/tires, everything on that bike is amazing

Ruimteaapje":33k57opl said:
John":33k57opl said:
Just dug out a rather iconic pic of Lemond winning in Chambery in the rain.
Is it just me or is the bike Lemond rides in that photo not a TVT? The polished alu lugs are clearly missing and the head tube is purple and yellow instead only purple. Seems a bit odd to bring out 300 replicas of the wrong bike :?

I think it is a TVT but with painted lugs. It appears to be the same bike he's holding on the Sports Illustrated cover:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D72v_lmBo...EY/s1600/1989+Sportsman+of+the+year+cover.jpg

You can see the TVT forks, TVT looking seat lug... and a big cheesy Lemond grin!

Beautiful bike...Greg's bike originally had the older Mavic 630 SSC chainset and also used a Selle Italia Campionissimo during 1989...

Greg Lemond & his TVT's

Mark a real stunning bike & great to see with all the Mavic gear that Lemond used in 1989 when riding for the ADR team. A couple of minor points as far as I recall the original TVT bikes that the Pros used in those days were the HM Model which was quite a bit stiffer then the standard HR version which this one is. I’m not sure if Lemond was using the HM model in 1989 be he definitely was in 1990. The HM is easily spotted by the TVT engraved on the seat & top head tube lugs, also has HM in the log on the top tube. Much more important you also have the brakes the wrong way around (they should be back brake on the R/H lever, front on the L/H).

I’m in the process of building up a Team Z Peugeot 1990 TVT bike it wont be an 100% exact replica as I can’t source a genuine Scott stem & drop in bars at the moment. I’m also finding it difficult to find out exactly what components the team used i.e. Rims Saddle etc any ideas? I also have a Low pro version of the TVT as well.

Back