Cavallo Marino (Columbus SLX New / Genius)

I changed my tubulars today (for a nice pair of Veloflex Criterium), so I took the opportunity of weighing the wheels :

Front wheel : 725g
Rear wheel : 863g
ie 1588 g for the set.
Not so bad, isn't it?:D

Some pics of the Veloflex :

With a thin layer of mastic :

5419174570_c3a8c3fdf5_z.jpg

And on the rim (well protected against drips of mastic) :

5419175024_8318f34169_b.jpg

Nice! :cool:

I always wondered how you remove the old glue from the rims before applying new one. Is it an easy process? Can you do it on the road?

Thanks.

jCymbal":z8ehsouw said:
Nice! :cool:

I always wondered how you remove the old glue from the rims before applying new one. Is it an easy process? Can you do it on the road?

Thanks.

I don't remove the old glue unless the layer becomes too thick...
Before i apply the new one, the rim was like that :
5419173564_546110d8df.jpg

On the road I take under my saddle a tubular that has been mounted and used previously. With the glued surfaces stuck to one another.
With the residue on the rim and on the tubular, it will be well adhered within a few minutes of riding.

Fresh glue will make like a lubricant : most glue containers say not to ride them for 24 hours.

Wilfried":1f2etsng said:
I don't remove the old glue unless the layer becomes too thick...
The rougher the surface the better the attachment, indeed. For me the same threatments as Wilfred for tubular use. The protection of the rim is new for me, but a nice solution. Because some undone drips can cause problems in brake using etc. Never to old to learn, thanks :)

Lovely

That is a really beautiful machine :cool: :cool:
I bet it rides as well as it looks, my Merckx corsa extra is SLX new and it is the nicest frame to ride.
Great pics but please give us a ride report to make us jealous ;)
Jamie

Back