My K L E I N and other projects

OMG you must be happy whit how clean that is!!

Most original (catalogue) setup will be the Shimanp XTR 950 series or the 737 xt series.

I think some exotic parts will do good on such a frame.

Just bought the 1996 Bike Workshop to see what was in at that moment.

Hi Martin,

keep me posted,..we are building the same bike ! ;)

I have some XTR gear i can swap from the Serotta T-max,..that one is equipted with the XT,..or with the Pinnacle which is fully XTR.
But you are right,..some exotic parts will do also,..

Vbrakes won't work without the Klein V-daptor or drilling the top tube cable outlet larger so you can run the cable housing to the inlet. i wouldnt do that on such a nice condition frame. cantis are powerful enough on the rear.

and take care that the seat post is inserted deep enough. ideally it should end 5 centimeters below bottom of the top tube.

carsten

Thanks Carsten.

you are right,..I had to drill out the Pinnicle frame to use the v-brakes,..don't want to do that again,..
for now I will install the Onza brakes and will start the search for some nice Paul canti's.

MC2's are hard to find in excellent - new condition. Last week a new one on the USebay went for 127 euro's :shock:

Drilling the cableguide is my reason to build it with canti's and the 737-739 group. My recent Klein had Magura's mounted, such a shame that was.

Been searching for those onza's to but hard to find and a little expensive at the moment for me.

I have been bidding on the ebay MC 2 last week aswell but did not wanted to go all the way because i did not see the attitude yet.
Now I would have gladly paid the 127 euro without thinking,..
I guess I have to keep my eyes open,..

I have started building the bike.
It is not with the components I would like to use but I just want to drive it so bad that I will worry about the details later.

KLEINATTITUDE16.jpg

KLEINATTITUDEONZA.jpg

KLEINATTITUDE15.jpg

KLEINATTITUDEnz.jpg

PAULcomp.jpg

ONZAHOBRAKES.jpg

Setup so far;
Wheelset; Spinergy Spox
Tyres; Ritchey Speedmax
Cranks; LX (do not have a puller right now to get the set of)
Rear mech.; Paul Comp
Front mech.; Shimano XT
Canti's; Onza HO
Hangers; Onza Chill Pills
Peddles; Onza HO
Saddle; Flite ti
Seat clamp; Ringle (silver)
Sharkfin; Shimano XT
Seatpost; "i" Graphite series (do not know the brand,..any of you?)
Stem/bar; Klein MC2
Quickreleases; Ringle (red)

next step made today,..put the brakes handles on and made the canti's work.
Next step is the shifters but I think I will buy a new cables set because they are pretty heavy while braking,...

kleinattitude.jpg

Ah Family guy :cool:

Sweet looking frame. Personally I wouldn't overdo the bling, XTR or even XT running gear with some nice brakes would do the trick.

stevet1":1o35fnt1 said:
Ah Family guy :cool:

:mrgreen:
sooooooo funny!

stevet1":1o35fnt1 said:
Sweet looking frame. Personally I wouldn't overdo the bling, XTR or even XT running gear with some nice brakes would do the trick.

thank you,..
I know what you mean.
My Pinnacle is all XT and that look realy nice but I have these parts available so it will do for now.
If I would be able to buy a nice NOS retro XT set I will certainly do that,...

Back