Manitou Hardtail 94

*Small update*

Well springs have arrived for the Judy's so I will rebuild them today regrease the headset and fit the new back tyre (michelin wildgripper lite s) courtesy of Gruff. Just need a matching one for the front now :?:

Give the bakes a clean and an adjust and she will be good to go. :D

Will get some more up to date pics up soon....... :p

FluffyChicken":1uhn4t5s said:
That should be ridable soon so you can come for a ride.

It is indeed FC, just need half an hour or so to put forks and headset on and wheels too.

Should all be shorted for a ride on the 17th...... :D

Just finished putting it back together! Back wheel (running nice and true thanks to AndyB) and tyre all on v brakes cleaned up a bit and Judy's back on too. Took it out for a quick spin round the block and she feels like a new ride so responsive! :shock: So pleased with the spring upgrade :D

Well here are a couple of pics, not the best tho as they were taken on my phone and the light is fading.......

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 777
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 777
Seeing as though the weather is nice and the Manitou has had some new parts I've decided to take her out for a nice ride. So I'm about to ride the 14 miles from my house to work! Will post up some pics if I make it in one piece :LOL:

Hope my bum is upto the ride :?

Made it to work in one piece 14 miles in just under 50 mins so am quite pleased with that :!:

Will put some pics up when I get home tonight :p

:) Nice Manitou, looks like a good everyday ride.

Of course at some point you should get some Manitou forks with a nice machined brace to go with it!.

But nice job, :)

Had another little play with the Manitou and is now sporting Flat bars (Dawes ones are just a temp measure to see how I get back on with flats), X-Lite bar ends, X-Lite bar plugs and an X-Lite seat quick release tho i'm not sure weather that is staying.....May go back to my Ti X-Lite bolt... :?

There has been a small casualty though my lovely clear Onza Ules split as i was taking them off :cry: So I have had to settle for some black Giant ones from the LBS for the time being. Not very retro but they do the job :(

photo (9) by Minty Sauce, on Flickr

photo (:cool: by Minty Sauce, on Flickr

Let me know what you think, thanks to those who I got parts from. :)

Latest posts

Back