Colnago MTB

i just saw in one of those gossip celebr. mags a feature w/ this famous opera tenor and his lovely wife and house etc.. he is riding a colnago mtb just like yours in one of the pics.

cchris2lou":2fk6wjjl said:
seller has found the original rigid forks and they are on their way . :D

That's good, I was wondering where you could possibly find a fork that would live up to the frame, but now you have!

well i would have gone for a Fimocco or marzochi to keep it italian , but none of them inspires me .

cchris2lou":3lewitla said:
well i would have gone for a Fimocco or marzochi to keep it italian , but none of them inspires me .

I know what you mean, that's the only problem with such a sumptuous colour scheme - it's actually very hard to match it with any fork that isn't exactly the same. But with the original matching forks, it's going to look pretty spectacular. Looking forward to seeing it built up.

It is here :D

congrat to french post office and Parcel Force as it was sent on monday .

main.php

main.php

It is amazing , cant wait for the forks to arrive . it is stunning .
There is even the Colnago sign on the drop outs .

now to my wanted list to finish the build .
and For sale section with a kidney and other human bits not needed . :LOL:

Chris that looks really nice. What tubing is it - Max-OR or Nivacrom?

And what is the original fork like?

The seller is telling me it is Tange Prestige Ultimate , not sure as there is no decals to confirm .

the fork is chrome with Colnago letters on the front, and red and yellow decals similar to the ones on the frame on the side .

Cant wait . :D

There doesn't look to be enough ovalisation in the downtube or stays for it to be Max OR. (...the prettiest tubeset ever IMO :!: )

Excuse my ignorance, but is it basically polished and laquered steel with a painted area on each tube? It looks more like titanium from here! It's great if it's prestige, but surely Colnago would have used Italian tubes, wouldn't they? I guess the weight might be a vague guide to what it might be.

Surely it must be a prototype or a special of some description, that paint job would be too expensive for a production bike, wouldn't it? There's a lot of colours, fades etc in there. It's not all transfers, is it? Great looking, whatever it is!

Latest posts

Back