1995 Kona Kilauea 17"

Mr. Zero":15k8j6rh said:
Quite right, on both points! ;)

I could really care less personally, but once the question was raised the pursuit of an answer seemed a perfectly acceptable alternative to spending my work day actually doing work. :roll:

I don't believe that - of course you care! And how could any reasonable person expect you to do any work when your mind is tormented by the gruesome thought that you're not sure what year your bike was born?

Anthony":1bikh0e4 said:
I don't believe that - of course you care! And how could any reasonable person expect you to do any work when your mind is tormented by the gruesome thought that you're not sure what year your bike was born?

I can't say that I'm actually tormented by it, but I must admit that the hunt goes on.. :roll:

sunchaser":3083dxy6 said:
Looks good with the Toplines.

Toplines + Sachs Rear Mech = Zero Build© 2007 ;)

I admitted to Hilts at the weekend I'm not a Kona Man, but that white Kilauea looks royal noice, nice going mate.. Especially with those FSX :cool: Might even have a stab at the one on Ebay :twisted:

kingroon":3s1szdwp said:
I admitted to Hilts at the weekend I'm not a Kona Man,...

Maybe you've just not met the right Kona yet. I bet you'd find one of these earlier Prestige tubed models to your liking. ;)

kingroon":3s1szdwp said:
I...but that white Kilauea looks royal noice, nice going mate.. Especially with those FSX :cool: Might even have a stab at the one on Ebay :twisted:

Yeah, it seems you can never go wrong with a set of FSXs; I've not yet found a frame they haven't paired well with. :twisted:

Mr. Zero":1boiprc5 said:
..I bet you'd find one of these earlier Prestige tubed models to your liking. ;)

Some might say you're a bad influence.. Not me, but some ;)

Mr. Zero":1boiprc5 said:
Yeah, it seems you can never go wrong with a set of FSXs

Sold mine earlier in the year :? All I've got is a fistful of Mag 21SLs :twisted:

Had a thing BITD for a Black Explosif, and then an E-Crank specced Hei Hei..

kingroon":vsgyla4m said:
Sold mine earlier in the year :? All I've got is a fistful of Mag 21SLs :twisted:

That was silly. I hope you now see the error of your ways...

Mr. Zero":1zas2me8 said:
kingroon":1zas2me8 said:

That was silly. I hope you now see the error of your ways...

Yes Sensei :cool:

Auction Watch.. FSX.. Doh! :evil:

as posted in the other thread, I thinks its safe to say its an MY95 frame, although there is really not much difference between the two model years.

Attachments

• Kilauea_small.jpg
    Kilauea_small.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,204
Well, as Anthony pointed out the frames appear to be the same from '94 to '95, but the minor decal and component spec differences clearly date mine as a '95.

Thanks Andrew! Case closed. ;)

It looks great in white, no wonder they carried it over from 94 so little changed.

I'm surprised that the one on eBay failed to make its reserve at £62. Maybe too close to Christmas for many folk to be treating themselves to a new frame, when they've already hammered the credit card buying presents (or just feeling guilty that they should have done!)

Back