Lands End to John O Groats for Charity

breezerfatty

Devout Dirtbag
http://www.justgiving.com/CyclingTrio3

We are three cyclists (Graham Jackson, Graham Reeve and Shane Taylor) taking on a huge challenge for a great cause.

Four years ago the surgeons at Great Ormond Street removed a tumour the size of a tennis ball from the heart of Graham Reeve's daughter Beth. That's her now in the photo. It was clear that if untreated Beth only had days to live. Now that she is well again, it's time to repay them by raising money to help them with their work. There are people all over this country who know what it’s like to have their children returned to them by the work done at Great Ormond Street.

We are going to ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats, using a 920 mile route starting on 4th July. Please help us to raise money so that Great Ormond Street can carry on their great work saving children’s lives. You can follow our progress on our Blog.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

So please dig deep and donate now.

Lands-End-to-JOG.jpg

Hi from sunny Penzance.If you need any help down this end then let me know.jm.

Yes good luck, it's a great ride and I'm sure you'll all enjoy it.
Which route are you taking to add the extra mileage on?

This ride is still on my to do list (getting higher up list though..), good luck, how long are you hoping it to take? You aided or self sufficient?

hard

Blinking heck this is hard, six days to Carlisle. Everyone said that Cornwall would be the hardest and they were right. Today was a rest day and that incuded climbing Shap Fell but at only 68 miles it was a bit of a rest. Tomorrow we move on to the Borders. I cant believe how much I'm starting to hate climbing and I used to love it. The thing about this is you get up and ride everyday there's no time for anything else, just ride, I used to be a human, with a life. Next ride I do will be on the Breezer may be an easy fun ride round Thetford and some air off the bomb hole. Sounds grim and it is at times but a great feeling. Hoping to finish on Thursday making the trip done in 11 days.

Back