Raleigh Castorama Build

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
OK, the build is not going as fast as I would have liked because C-Record parts are far too expensive!!!

Still need levers, headset, front mech, seat pin, bars and stem.

Might get there by the end of the summer with a bit of luck.

Attachments

• All.JPG
    All.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,152
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 2,152
  • Bottom Bkt.JPG
    Bottom Bkt.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,152
  • Cable.JPG
    Cable.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,152
Thanks - wanted one since day one. Still can't really afford it!!

Here is it's slightly less pretty, but equally loved, sister

Attachments

• Purple.JPG
    Purple.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,144
Matt_wood55":2dgmcwzr said:
OK, the build is not going as fast as I would have liked because C-Record parts are far too expensive!!!.

Looks like you've done the hard part already. It seems to be the Delta brakes and cranks that fetch the silly money. Looking good so far...

Take your time and the right parts will come up at the right price. Some items I got cheap for my Calfee Lemond such as a Brand new C Record seatpost for £30 and brand new Delta's for £300 however certain items I paid way over the odds such as the original brand new vittoria CX Tyres £150 !! Seek and you will find :D

Evening chaps, just joined the forum specifically because I wanted to find out about a frame I've just bought- within 5 minutes of logging in I chance on this post and spot the purple 'ugly sister'! I'm certain that's the frame I've got- hopefully this pic will clarify. Serial number is WB6000511 so I'm assuming 1986, any info you've got on model, original spec etc would be gratefully received. Campag drop outs and 531 decal on the forks, so I'm assuming it will have 531 butted main tubes as a minimum?

Attachments

• IMG_7169.jpg
    IMG_7169.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 1,651
And looked again- definitely not the same frame. Rush of blood thinking I'd bottomed it quickly- ah well.

It's pretty close though. Mine is 653. I would guess from the 'Raleigh' stamp at the top of your seat tubes that this is a bit later than mine and possibly a respray. Not sure though!!

Back