1991 gt karakoram inferno

From one Karakoram fan to another. Lovely.

I'm doing up mine and I have a spare original shimano u brake if you want to get rid of the campag.

Drop me a pm and you can have it for what I paid

TL

trickylad":27g2hl1v said:
From one Karakoram fan to another. Lovely.

I'm doing up mine and I have a spare original shimano u brake if you want to get rid of the campag.

Drop me a pm and you can have it for what I paid

TL
will do matey cheers,

quick update,
managed to repair the stickers on the seatstay , the colours are not the best but its much better than it was , i have also managed to find a replacement headset just like the standard one.
IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0605.jpg

Oh cack everyone knows about that one now. ;-)

Massive and unapologetic thread hijack because I know the GT lovers are watching this thread and my wanted ad hasn't helped.
I need a crossover cable guide that fits on the seatpost on the GT u brake frames. I need the small one that fits the steel frames (28.6?) not the larger one that fits the Zaskars and other Alu frames. Exactly the same that's on this lovely bike.
It's the only thing that is stopping me finishing my Tequesta.
If you can help please PM me. Thanks.

Oh and BTW that bike is still one of my favourites!!

That is seriously nice mate...

I ride mine daily in Leeds and it always draws comment when i stop for a pint on the way home!

GT's of this era had a really special look...

Love the picture of it doing what it does best! :D :D

Really nice bike!!! I have owned one from new. It strikes me that the original U-brake and front brake were Shimano, not campag. The original handelbars were black anodised with white GT lettering printed on them and bar ends weren't included. I have no idea where you got those tyres from, because they look like the original Megabites, well done!

Darkhorse":2jwjmx9t said:
It strikes me that the original U-brake and front brake were Shimano, not campag.
The original handelbars were black anodised with white GT lettering printed on them and bar ends weren't included.
I have no idea where you got those tyres from, because they look like the original Megabites, well done!

Hi Darkhorse, yeah they were shimano (there dx up front),
the alloy gt bars are like hens teeth the only thing I cant source,
the tyres were by accident on ebay £30a pair iirc,
cheers for all the positive comments ;)
Lee.
IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

Actually Lee, I may be wrong (when I said anodised). I still have the original handlebars, and they feel more like steel to me, so its probably black paint rather than anodising. If I can get a photo at some stage I'll put it up.

My one has done about 7000+ miles and is about to have its fourth pair of tyres. From memory the Gelsel saddle collapsed before 1800 miles, and the peddles folded before that. The original peddles were impact plastic moulded, and I remember actually splitting one open right along the axel! Had them replaced with a pair of Shimano XT's of the same era, which really go well with the bike. Don't really see the point of putting a lot of stuff back to stock, because the saddle and peddles were inferior to start with, and not in keeping with the rest of the bike. But those tyres you have really reminded me of how the bike looked when it was brand new. Great memories!

Edit: And one more thing, the black anodising on the brake levers wears off damn fast, so I've polished them back to a mirror alloy finish. Looks better too.

Latest posts

Back