San Andreas update FINISHED!!!!

Can anyone help with a front derailleur problem? I've purchased a SRAM high clamp and it's too high (hits the swing arm), I've purchased a SRAM low clamp and it hit's the weld at the bottom. Anybody got any suggestions?

You need an older mech...I'll post a piccie in a mo for you...it's the only one that you can adjust without killing some one in a fit of stress induced hate.I run a 52 front ring on mine and it still fits nicely...

heres some pics of a proper mech on my purple love monster..

Attachments

• DSC_2079.jpg
    DSC_2079.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • DSC_2080.jpg
    DSC_2080.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,434
  • DSC_2081.jpg
    DSC_2081.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,434
also change the shock to frame position up a notch too if you cant find one...mines a newer lx i think

Very nice! Let me know if you're struggling to find an appropriate FD. I will most likely have something to do the job.

I haven't been much of an MC fan until recently (though i've always wanted a pre-'94 San-An for obvious reasons). Now, in the space of a couple of Months i've gone from 0 to 2 MC's (Tremor & Fury)... even though they're both 'modern era' models... :oops:

donny70":2qrmtbt8 said:
Can anyone help with a front derailleur problem? I've purchased a SRAM high clamp and it's too high (hits the swing arm), I've purchased a SRAM low clamp and it hit's the weld at the bottom. Anybody got any suggestions?

I fitted a modern M970 XTR. Looked a tight fit at first and was a bit of a pain reaching the main bolt to do it up / undo but it works with no probs at all:

DSC06326.jpg

Cheers.

my bolts are offset so i dont have the hassles...i used to run a mavic front on there but the adjustment screws were not easily reached.this one is perfect as the screws are on the camber...stroke of luck really ...i had no idea of the troubles that swingarm causes at first ...

Back