Yorkshire Retro Ride

alanf1968

Old School Hero
We have been discussing a retrobike ride out in the Yorkshire area, we are trying to accommodate people from as wide as possible for a great social ride and enjoy our machines, those interested in joining us, let know and the area you are from, and date suggestions would also be welcome

Looking at your bikes and from vague memory of the thread, I assume this is an on road ride, but by the sounds of it anything welcome ?

I would like to make the ride open to as many people as possible, the more people, the more interesting bikes and the more enjoyable the event, a destination which has an interesting options for all must be a winner ;)

Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you thinking?

It would be worth getting in touch with kaya and/or chrisv40 who are coordinators for Retrobike rides in Yorkshire and the North East.

I coordinate rides in the North West area but I'd be happy to help out if needed.

Also have you any dates in mind...?

A few of us had been chatting in this thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 04#1165404 therefore thought it was better to create a thread to get unput from more people on what to do, York seems a popular choice and could draw people from a wide area with several groups able to meet and ride in from all directions, looking to do something where people will come out so all suggestions are welcome for date and venue

I'd be up for that - Leeds to York sounds lovely - so long as there's a none A64 route that we can do! - and there's plenty of places to stop for cake / beer / etc in York. I just need a few weeks notice so I can let the FUn Prevention Police know in plenty of time :D

Here is the plan:

Saturday 16th July, 1300hrs Farm Shop Cafe, Nr Womersley (between A1 and A19 just south of M62) begin with chat, tea and cake, then maybe a short retrobike ride or more chat tea and cake.........

Hopefully see lots of you there

Back