Yeti-man's Yeti Pro FRO disc

Several retrobike commandments were broken here. Thats a fact :)
Bike turned out nicely.
There is one thing that screams change imo.
CRANKS
Visually they are too snaily looking and conceptually they are not fitting with the rest.
Stylos are too mainstream, too big corporation for that bike.
Im not saying you should go for retro. not at all. Just something more edgy..

Otherwise nice piece of (blasphemous) work :LOL:

CAPIN":2mfqg486 said:
Several retrobike commandments were broken here. Thats a fact :)
Bike turned out nicely.
There is one thing that screams change imo.
CRANKS
Visually they are too snaily looking and conceptually they are not fitting with the rest.
Stylos are too mainstream, too big corporation for that bike.
Im not saying you should go for retro. not at all. Just something more edgy..

Otherwise nice piece of (blasphemous) work :LOL:

Hi Capin, thank you for your sincere thoughts. You are in to something regarding the cranks. The silver Stylo is a new technology crank but with a touch of retro look in it. I could go for something more real retro, but until a suitable crank surfaces it stays.

Actually I am up for suggestions... :D

You know when i look at the bike.. i see a lot of surprising, almost provocative things..
Its Yeti, its rigid, but has discs..discs themself not very usual(brand).. there is a road deraileur..bright bar,grips, carbonshel seat, silver hubs with black spokes/rims combo
..everything seems to have an edge and attitude. .
and then.. there are those cranks that can be seen on perhaps 50% of new bikes in the shops around the world (im exaggerating, but you know what i mean.)

I would go with something more diferent.

Any Tune cranks (modern but stil retro looking)
Discontinued Crank Bros cranks (cleaner lines with that interesting stainless cover)
Rotor cranks (black with white graphics might go well with black/white stem..perhaps too brutal, but hey! its vintage yeti with discs welded on :) )
why not Middleburns
or some older Stronglights from mid 2000

cheers
jan

I like the cranks, fit the retromod theme nicely -- you really don't see all that many polished crank arms on modern bikes.

Althought you refuse to give a budget range for the modifications (disc tabs) :x ;) I can't help loving your bike. It's so perfectly balanced, a classic! :D
Nice, nice job! :D

LinnK":1yn6z6yw said:
Althought you refuse to give a budget range for the modifications (disc tabs) :x ;) I can't help loving your bike. It's so perfectly balanced, a classic! :D
Nice, nice job! :D

I did not refuse to quote the build costs since I havent got in all the bills yet. But roughly you look at:

Frame/Fork NOK 7000,-
Wheels NOK 5000,-
Drivechain NOK NOK 3000,-
Brakes NOK 2000,-
Seat NOK 1500,-
Seatpost NOK 600,-
Stem/bar NOK 1000,-
Headset NOK 1200,-
Frame/fork chop and disc retrofit ca. NOK 2500,-
Powdercoat NOK 1000,-

etc NOK 750,-

Total NOK 25550,- ~ 25.000,- in GBP ~ 3000,-

Thank you! I was very much interested in the cost of the modification of the frame/fork! :D

Lovely.

I agree with the comments on the chainset though but apart from that its simply great.

Nicely done.

Latest posts

Back