hello im a noob

rossi46

Dirt Disciple
Hi all. I live in Melrose, 18 miles south of glentress and traquair. I'm 43 and have Been riding since the late 80s on a variety of clunkers and home builds. I recently sold my 07 spesh fsr xx pro and decided to go back to my roots with this old GT Timberline. Manitou forks came today, so ill be looking to hit the trails shortly.

Any members in the borders?

Cheers

Paul

Welcome, we do a few rides in the borders as most are embra or weegie based, our next event is at drumlanrig, not too far west of you.

Snap on the age thing.

"We all love GT's"

Mark how can you sit there and type that as your briefs ignite you big fibber :LOL:

GT's are just bikes like all the rest, however Paul I hope you enjoy yours ;)

Cheers for the welcomes, guys.

My brother is a cycle courier in Edinburgh and he's always bugging me to come ride the Pentlands with him and his buddies. Trouble is, him and his lot are all built like whippets :shock:

They'd be waiting for me to catch up just getting out of the carpark.

Be good to hook up for forum rides, though.

I lasted 2 weeks as a cycle courier in the late 80's, averaged 60 miles a day, no mobiles back then and newbies didn't get radios. Not a good job to take on in mid winter with a 6 inches of slush on the ground. Wet and full of man flu, totally demoralised I quit. Fully respect to those that keep going, they are a different breed.

My cousin still does it in Washington DC but started in Edinburgh, I think he finished in the top 10 in the world courier championships in Prague (?) a several years back when he was edinburgh based. Whippet is a good description.

Back