Info on "Rare" 80's Cannondale SM1000/Campy MTB

oldslalomskier

Dirt Disciple
I'm trying to locate some info on my late 80's vintage Cannondale SM1000. It is fully Campagnolo Olympus/Record (except for Ritchey headset). It is the all silver w/blue decal on full ridgid frame. Pepperoni fork. Rumour has it Frischknect raced on something like this with an Allsop Frankenstem.

Anyone have any idea where to get info? I tried Cannondale themselves in the US and they appear to have to record of it. WTH? Oh yeah - there is no serial number on it? And yes, this is a factory build - I am the original purcahser and bought it from the shop.

welcome to retrobike!.....you will need 5 posts to be able to do it but some photos would be great.....

Thx - have already checked out all the vintage Campy sites. No luck. :( And I can assure you there is no serial number as I checked using the VC guidelines and everywhere else.

A couple more things (as I build to five posts...) It has Wolber MTB rims and Ritchey headset and seatpost. I've discovered that Djernis (sp?) rode this sort of thing on the Allsop Ritchey team in the early 90's.

chiswickcollectables":2qihloxk said:
Oooooo tasty!! A '90 build but most probably a '91 bike as I'm pretty sure that Pep forks first appeared in the 1991 catalogue.

Somewhere I have the original bill of sale. Almost positive it was bought Sept /Oct of 1990. Given its rarity, it is likely a year ahead on some of the parts. I'll dig for the bill.

I was surprised Cannondale in the US could tell me nothing. Disappointed, too.

Back