Scapin Rudolf X Hardtail

German eBay (non bike) shop; €250 frame and carbon Scapin post.

I have a Scapin Columbus steel roadbike I bought direct from the factory which I love (see attached)

and was going to pull the trigger on a new Carbon/steel Nope but saw this and figured I could live with the 3cm ding in the top tube for a saving of €1000 or more.

Plus UK dealers only seem to do roadbikes and never answer emails (yes you, Poshbikes!)

Attachments

• ScapinSpecial.jpg
    ScapinSpecial.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 1,741
well another rudolf :cool:
found mine in Italy but the seller did not mention a couple of dings :cry:
the columbus foco tube is so thin !
I find mine really confortable
upgraded it in full XTR 950

my forks were not the "poshiest" too but for the type of riding I was doing with it, they were OK - its now in the family country house !

a pity this nice reputed steel framemaker is now not building anymore handmade in italy - the true scapin can be called defunct I believe cry:

steel frames are extremely rare in France as listing price new was scary !

scapinrudolf001.jpg
[/

Yep, that pic was what caused me to pull the trigger on mine. Looks lovely. Out of interest, where was the pic taken?

My Scapin road bike was certainly made in Italy in 2009 - at least unless Michele at the factory was flat out fibbing to me!!?

calvjones":2eo1k2xy said:
Yep, that pic was what caused me to pull the trigger on mine. Looks lovely. Out of interest, where was the pic taken?

My Scapin road bike was certainly made in Italy in 2009 - at least unless Michele at the factory was flat out fibbing to me!!?

lac léman :idea:
picture taken a couple a kil away from Geneva center :)

about frame building in Italy, I think the company has been taken over. Pretty sure that most MTB frames are now just brought from "the east"

about the road frames dunno. Maybe possible that some are still made in Italy.
Italian forum members may enlighten us :idea:

xced":1olzq0jg said:
funny that you both chosed the same forks!

was most probably the factory setup as new
mine was all equiped in XT gear 750
there was also a catalog XTR build but which was even more expensive ( close to 4000 euros !! - the XT was about 3000 !)
dunno what was the fork at that price

it was clearly a vey exclusive framemaker at that time :shock:

suburbanreuben":126intws said:
I don't think Scapin would have ever specced Z5s though...

:LOL: Not on a 3000 EURO bike, no!

From my first ever MTB - a 1999 Kona Nunu. Still have the frame knocking around somewhere...

Back