Bontrager

rumpfy said:
I like the painted to match forks.

The correct look with just a hint of different.
Agreed. I don't recall seeing a white OR / race / RL from the factory. Only on a CX or roadlite (can't remember which)

Have you had the fork crown repainted / anodized? If so i'd be interested in knowing where.

ededwards":34nv4vir said:
purplewicked":34nv4vir said:
wtf?!? you are a giant man.. the amount of post showing is insane. you could a ride a bike at least 2 sizes bigger.
you need a 29er.

btw.. beautifull bonty.

Well, I do like my seatpost high!

I think I'd struggle with larger sizes though as the top tube here is pretty long (note to self - compare to XL Yo and 21" P7) - the proof will be in the riding though.

I do fancy having a go on a 29er at some point if only to see what it is like, certainly looks a good option for us bigger bike riders

you would like a ibis in xlarge. a 29er , at your height, will have you dump all the other bikes.

tintin40":upwvwpy9 said:
Nice. I take it that they are Bonti's own forks?

looks like a switchblade to me? Ed?

Really nice bike and build Ed - one of your finest IMO. Maybe you should enter that in BOTM ;)

purplewicked":1708i8ju said:
you would like a ibis in xlarge. a 29er , at your height, will have you dump all the other bikes.

Dump my other bikes, what are you saying? Unfortunately that's a reason NOT to try a 29er!

Crell":1708i8ju said:
Agreed. I don't recall seeing a white OR / race / RL from the factory. Only on a CX or roadlite (can't remember which)

Have you had the fork crown repainted / anodized? If so i'd be interested in knowing where.

The fork legs are painted cream (although it looks white in the photos) to match the frame, were like that when I got them I'm afraid so I'm not sure where it was done.

MadCowKev":1708i8ju said:
tintin40":1708i8ju said:
Nice. I take it that they are Bonti's own forks?

looks like a switchblade to me? Ed?

Really nice bike and build Ed - one of your finest IMO. Maybe you should enter that in BOTM ;)

Yep, the forks are switchblades and maybe I should get it in a BOTM after all :roll:

ededwards":9xmal5jj said:
purplewicked":9xmal5jj said:

Dump my other bikes, what are you saying? Unfortunately that's a reason NOT to try a 29er!

i know! i am just telling what i saw happening everywhere.
i love my 26ers.

Crell":tmh3gkdm said:
rumpfy":tmh3gkdm said:
I like the painted to match forks.

The correct look with just a hint of different.

never seen a from the factory white mountain frame,though per the catalogs it was an option. my road lite is destined for a white repaint with white decals.

Ed, what was the asking price on the head badge?

hollister":n9xabcea said:
Ed, what was the asking price on the head badge?

I'm not sure if there was a price on the head badge, I understand that it was a gift to the former owner and as it was easily removed he wanted to keep it.

Incidentally it's likely that I'll be selling this bike (probably just the bits I bought - frame, forks, headset, bar/stem combo, spare decals) because the shed is full and something else is on the way. That said I'd be sorry to see it go before riding it so may have to conisder how to craete more shed space!

ededwards":3jfdlazr said:
Incidentally it's likely that I'll be selling this bike (probably just the bits I bought - frame, forks, headset, bar/stem combo, spare decals) because the shed is full and something else is on the way. That said I'd be sorry to see it go before riding it so may have to conisder how to craete more shed space!

I don't understand. What's the purpose of a loft then, if it isn't to preserve bikes that you have no time to ride?

And anyway, selling a bike before you've even ridden it is giving the game away.

Anthony":2s52u5x4 said:
ededwards":2s52u5x4 said:

I don't understand. What's the purpose of a loft then, if it isn't to preserve bikes that you have no time to ride?

And anyway, selling a bike before you've even ridden it is giving the game away.

Um, no loft at all but extending the shed has to be an option (although that may mean that I sleep in it!).

I'm not sure what game is being given away but I haven't previosuly sold a bike without riding it. In this case I might have to make an exception - something will have to give and I figure a combination of last in, first out and the fact that I haven't had the chance to develop memories/attachment means that it is probably this one that has to go. That said, may still try to keep hold of it.

Back