GT EDGE CX

lfo

Retro Newbie
No nonsense and not time correct :LOL: build of my GT EDGE CX 853 steelbike the little brother of this bike http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74101.

4085846782_34c7087b3d_b.jpg

4085089057_74c3648bba_b.jpg

4085846690_2af2796593_b.jpg

Yes it's very hard to find one of these frames i'm very happy that i found one for a "resonable price".

GT EDGE

Just wondered if you guys new how different the GT Edge road was from the CX version.

Was thinking of converting my GT Edge into a cyclocross bike as I don't think I've got a hope in hell of finding the CX frame/Bike.

If I change the forks to caliper versions and get bolt on caliper mounts for rear, think there's enough tyre clearance.

How high is the CX BB from the floor?

Re: GT EDGE

theCiSCOkid":e7ovulbz said:
Just wondered if you guys new how different the GT Edge road was from the CX version.

Was thinking of converting my GT Edge into a cyclocross bike as I don't think I've got a hope in hell of finding the CX frame/Bike.

If I change the forks to caliper versions and get bolt on caliper mounts for rear, think there's enough tyre clearance.

How high is the CX BB from the floor?

Here's your answer right out of the 1999 catalog which I think was the only year they ever showed the Edge CX as a frame set.

Bottom bracket height listed for the Edge CX is 291mm and for the Edge steel road frame 271mm BB height. Chain stays listed as 420mm on the Edge CX and 410mm for the Edge road frame. Head tube angle is also relaxed one degree on the Edge CX frame, listed as 72.5 degrees for a 56cm frame. Wheelbase length on the 56cm Edge CX is listed at 1024mm for the Edge road 999mm.

Back