1 last try to name a frame.

Re: Frame Identification

Many thanks for the input, I've had a google at the Vikings with Nervex lugs.

An the models I've seen don't have the windows in the fork blade recceses (in the fork crown), doesn't even look like they used a Nervex fork crown?. The rear brake hangers, cable guides shape and pump peg positions (under the top tube) are not the same and nothing with a top tube shifter either. The frame numbers don't seem to tally either, to few digits with the Tour of Britain and to many digits and letters with the others. I think the old centre pull brake hanger (that isn't there anymore) is a red herring and was added later, the brazing wasn't as neat.

They do have the fluted tops to the seat stays they, but apparently these were "factory produced" items used by a number of makers.

Both of yours input is very much appreciated tho, an to keep it interesting how about a case of beers to any person who can work out and verify the riddle, as a gesture of appreciation!

Knaive maybe but I think the first 2 digits of the frame number being upside down on the steerer tube could be the key? Who'd make a frame and then balls up such a simple thing?

The nervex crown was pressed and welded, very strong , but rarely used. The look of a cast crown was generally preferred.
Your fork blades look like the Viking pictures, more like a 1950 style, but the frame number should be on the fork end.

The only frame numbers are under the BB & on the steerer, as per the photos.

Out of curiosity I'll try & make time to drop the fork out & check for rivet holes on the inside when possible.

Back