New Project - 1989 Ritchey Ascent Comp

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
To say I am pleased is an understatement just had a quick and took some snaps she is lovely and in very nice condition.

Been doing some reading up to , I think they deserve better than the "poor mans Ritchey label"

http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/catalog ... 989_07.jpg

http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/cgi-bin ... bike=2A572

Plan to lose all the crap on it, chain and cassette + new cables and try her out

As delivered by my friend

DSC_0628.jpg

Back on wheels and some quick snaps

DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg
:cool:

:cool: - 80's bikes for the August ride? :)

Looks good Daj, def not a budget bike, I think those seat stays are fillet brazed to the seat tube :cool:

Look forward to seeing it.

Nice one Dave, looks like a great project too :cool: Deore II is one of my fav groupsets. Look forward to seeing you ride it :D

Very nice daj. Good luck with the project and get her back on the trials!

daj":14ouz9tk said:
Been doing some reading up to , I think they deserve better than the "poor mans Ritchey label"

Yes they do, still the classic Ritchey geo and Tom picked tubes, and it went cheap too - great project you have there.

It was the one for Oxford John, Thanks for the comments guys. I am getting the impression you all think i am scared to ride rigid?? :shock: :LOL:

Going to have a fiddle after work so will update later :D

I came within a hairs breadth of nabbing that out from under your nose but just managed to restrain myself in time :oops:

Looking forward to seeing it in all it's refurb'd glory...

Good to see more 80's bikes on here :D
Good luck with your project; hope there isn't too much rust in the seat tube.

Just a quick update, I have had a quick fiddle and its on its wheels again.

Its far from a "restoration" finding a better stem, seatpost and bars will come in time but I want it to be rolling rather than static .

So just loaded it up for a week over the forest of dean!! :cool:

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

Back