Modern Fork Recommendations with V brakes

Afflicted.John

Dirt Disciple
I will shortly be after some new forks as I'll sell my Marzocchi XC700's with my frame. I am after 100mm units but they will need to have v brake bosses. I notice that most don't apart from marzocchi 22's or rock shox dart or tora. All these forks seem to weigh 5lbs though which seems a little heavy. Is there a happy medium somewhere? My only other prerequisite is a good lockout mechanism.
Thoughts?

You can get 100mm Reba's and Fox do 80m forks which were light. But you have to worry more on axle crown. What frame are they going on? Dont want to end up with a chopper.

also magura ... durins? and some S sids and manitou r7... been looking myself, they seem to be a dying breed. :(

Going on a 19" Kona Explosif...wanted something more than 80mm but not massively so. And not too expensive either. Basically the Holy Grail. That's what I want. Not much. Really.

2009 Sid Race :

DSC05608.jpg

DSC05626.jpg

Motion control, 80/100mm travel :

DSC05610.jpg

WD :D

X2 for the SIDS. My mate had some and they were ace. Think you'll struggle to find any new though so you might have to search ebay.

I had a mail from mike at Merlin and he said you can still get SID's and get a tech centre to fit v-brake lower legs but you'll get stung full rrp so the best part of £500+. I do love the set I've got on the Clark Kent I must say.
Magura Menja forks get great reviews and if they last as well as my Hydro Pro's have then great quality forks.... Or at half that price it's looking like Manitou R7 Pro's which are readily available with v bosses and come in 80 or 100mm travel. Reasonable reviews so may be worth a punt?

On one were selling them off a while ago - less than half rrp :shock: :cool:

Just a matter of searching the net and landing lucky I think :?

WD :D

Back