Hope Tech X2

I too don't like clutter and so may opt for them in the future if I find the fixed position isn't vastly different to my current setup. Thanks for the additional info.

I've got the matchmaker too.Hope tech X2's with sram X.9.Without its a bloody nightmare,really difficult to find a position.
Money well spent :cool: .

Remember to keep the original clamps safely aside ;)

I do like Hope brakes, but Formula are my new fave brake more power, more modulation & less weight (Formula R1). Saying that I've not had to bleed them yet!

I agree about the Avid brakes, they are an utter PITA to bleed, no matter how well you bleed them they always seem spongy and have little power whichever pads you use

May a profanity has been uttered in the workshop when bleeding Avid Juicy brakes.

In order of preference (for me anyway)

Formula
Hope
Shimano
Hayes

and everything else, then

Avid

FOOKING AVIDDDDD !!!!!!

I do like Hope brakes, but Formula are my new fave brake

Do you sell crapierres at all ? :LOL:

Case in point today - had a kona in with a old m4 caliper on it , just needed pads . One of the pins had seized and rounded off ( for those not familiar the m4 has 4 separate pads , one for each of its pistons ) . to cut a long story short ( customer waiting ) I split the caliper so I could get it in the vise . So tight the pin was twisting , had to resort to the drill , couldn't heat as no spare seals . drilled the head off , cleaned the thread , as well as the others . I even discarded the old rusty bolts . popped the half back together . Set lever level . At this point there were about 8 or 9 people in the workshop doing various things . Cap off . Fook no piston spacers !! . For future reference the gap is 12mm ( a 12mm allen key and 2 6mm :LOL: ) 8mm spanner the nipple open and gave the lever a squeeze dumping a squirt of dot straight onto the floor . refill lever . repeat and straight away a solid feel . repeat a few more times so it was all new fluid and pop the cap back on . clear up . pads in . Center the caliper ( fooking love I.S ) and it got sent out the door .

So I had a hope caliper apart and bled with new bolts using a sh*t load of bodging and make do and it still took a fraction of the time it takes to bleed an avid :LOL:

I will never forgive formula for the 4 bolt rotor

Nope, wouldn't touch a Crapierre with a barge pole seen far too many with cracked frames and bearing issues

As for Cube...

Oh and I agree, IS is far better than Post Mount for a multitude of reasons, as any spanner monkey who has worked in the trade knows ;)

Well I've plumped for the Hopes with floating 183 rotors and braided hoses. They better stop me without squealing, or else I'll be brandishing them like bolas and hunting you lot down. ;)

Back