BoTM July 2011 - Euro Special - Nomination Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may as well get the ball rolling, my 1994 Bigfoot Smokestone. She has been entered once in a "normal" month but I am hoping for a couple more votes this time :LOL:

English made frame with a splattering of Hope, X-Lite, Middleburn, Selle Italia, PACE, and my favourite Mavic headset!

Build thread here includes as much history as I have picked up en route,

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ot&start=0

p1010920.jpg

p1010918q.jpg

Hope you like . . . . :D

Hmmm, would love to see an Eastern Vs. Western United States BoTM, in back to back months, the the year end poll will look like a world cup, with Canada, Europe, United States (East/West), and then Japan...fun stuff :D

John":3vgqbk70 said:
-We will be taking our definition of European countries from Wikipedia

I was expecting the definition to those countries eligible for Eurovision :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":1yojiwyu said:
Hmmm, would love to see an Eastern Vs. Western United States BoTM, in back to back months, the the year end poll will look like a world cup, with Canada, Europe, United States (East/West), and then Japan...fun stuff :D

Don't forget Africa, South America and Oceania then ;)

andrewl":2psb154n said:
GoldenEraMTB":2psb154n said:

Don't forget Africa, South America and Oceania then ;)

those might be light months- haven't had an easy month in a while :p

OK here she is....

Dave Yates 731. (531 specially profiled main tubes with tandem down tube after the original snapped, 753 rear end).

The bike that from 93-2006 carried me to crushing defeats, against the likes of Steve Peat,Henrik Djernis,Michael Rasmussen etc etc.... Seat tube replaced by Dave in 2007. Barring a couple of small alterations for the sake of good taste (repaint,better matching stem top cap,USE clamp and QRs plus the "took-over-a-decade-to-find" Rond headset), this is how the bike was when it was last raced in 2006.

A mix of the usual predictable stuff from the UK Pace, Renthal, Venhill, Middleburn,Royce,USE and X-lite. Note custom stem by Dave Yates.
And from the mainland: Mavic,Sachs (even the chain),Michelin,Magura (note carbon braces),Selle Italia,Rond,Gore and Look

So 99% Euro spec. Cassette is XTR as Jez wouldn't sell me his Goldtech one without the rest of the Goldtech stuff he was selling, and didn't dare order one from Hilary Stone. Grips are whatever I had, but don't think there are any euro grips....

For the geeks among you, the very rare and unusual reverse pull Quarz front mech and the shifters are PG Extreme, not Waveys.

Pic for now (in case I don't have time to take a better one)

270438_10150356104683082_672683081_10265902_4891311_n.jpg

Oha, a european poll, what do you want,
swiss made or italian stallion or german state of the art???
But these projects are all unfinished, so i must go to the basement...
regards chowi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back