Brighton Big Dog 20th August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmy5willy":e8jrfc08 said:
I should be there again. :cool:

markoc":e8jrfc08 said:
Lets hope it doesn't rain this year and we can have the same sort of weather as the first year's event.

Wasps, wasp cake and more wasps?!! No thanks! ;)

God, I'd forgotten about those - they were terrible. Beautiful array of cakes and an absolute army of wasps :twisted:

So we're looking for no rain, and not too hot. A nice breeeze would be a treat too :D

BobCatMax":379a4qv2 said:
Jonathan (GreenRabbit), Dan (Danno) and myself are entering as a team..

need to sort that out, thank you for reminding me.

Cool! Racing isn't much fun when noone else enters! So that's two pairs we know of, Any more?

bryan555":3a7zzo95 said:
BobCatMax":3a7zzo95 said:
Jonathan (GreenRabbit), Dan (Danno) and myself are entering as a team..

need to sort that out, thank you for reminding me.

Cool! Racing isn't much fun when noone else enters! So that's two pairs we know of, Any more?

No! Shhhhh we were on for a fist place finish and now we have competition! :evil:

BobCatMax":33lcwygz said:
:LOL:

yousilly bugger, we're a three!

So is there a seperate retro category for threes, or are you lot riding with the modern folk? Or will they just lump the retro trios and pairs together?

On the site it only mentions retro pairs...

BigDog":1q5xb4dk said:
CATEGORIES:
Solo - Male (18+) £35.00
Solo - Female (18+) £35.00
Solo - Male Vet (40+) £35.00
Pairs - Male (18+) £50.00
Pairs - Female (18+) £50.00
Pairs - Mixed (18+) £50.00
Team of 3 - Male (18+) £55.00
Team of 3 - Female (18+) £55.00
Team of 3 - Mixed (18+) £55.00
Open Retro (pre-95 bikes only) Pairs £50.00
Open Retro (pre-95 bikes only) Team of 3 £55.00

;)

Aah, I didn't go to that bit of the site! :oops:
All becomes clear. So if you lot enter the threes, it's one team per category. Let's not bother racing, collect our prizes and head to the bar...
:

went round an approximation of last years course this afternoon, fast and tricky and fun.

really looking forward to this :D

I ride up that way quite a lot, its great fun. I reality hope it doesn't rain like last year though! As fun as the slippery downhills are it makes the uphills a bit of a chore! Really looking forward to it though.

I don't know what it is with this year, there just aren't the big names or the same level of sponsered entries so far - could still happen late of course! Are there any other races on, other than the BB of course, that we aren't aware of?

I seem to remember there were two really fast retro teams in last year, very close battle for first and second......

There is quite a switch in cats too, with the much smaller team of three, being almost as big as the pairs (non-retro I'm talking), I wonder whether memories of mud and hard climbs has put folk off.

I think they should have had retro solo only like the first year, that way at least there would be multiple entries, do as many or as few laps as you like - more than likely have entered myself - feel as it's time soon to move out of the over 18's cat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back