Show us what you did today, thread

I'd heard Chamonix was pretty steep and mostly higher grades. More suited to skiing than boarding, well for me anyroads! Always preferred a mix of wide blues and reds than reds and blacks. I switched from skiing because skiing is for to$$ers :LOL:

I think there are far more wannabe tossers in snowboarding :) - As a cyclist you should know that not facing the way you are travelling is just plain wrong!

Chamonix is steep in places but it's not too bad otherwise I wouldn't have been there, some of it is less open and wide compared to other resorts. Think singletrack, but there is loads of open space at the top of the mountains.
I never had the bottle to do the glacier run from Agui du Midi (the photo I posted), its a 20km guided downhill, but starts with a 200m ridge walk with parts holding onto a chain with one hand and your skis in the other. Zigzag and Mr P will confirm that isn't for me.

aiguille-de-midi.jpg

A favourite video I have is "Odd Man Out" - brilliant soundtrack and snowboard road tripping. I think it is on youtube now, well worth a watch

Colour matched SID's would look better and he wouldn't have flex issues.

OCP, yup it is Tenstmuir, we did half fireroad and half single track - coming in from the Tayport end.

Latest posts

Back