Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

You wont like the photos :LOL:

No orginal stickers, plus a few random stickers like "You can rest when you die" type stickers.

This was a very well used and abused bike back in its day :LOL:

Spruced up my '92 Tufftrax Elite with some gears so I thought I would share.
OE spec of these was rigid Tange forks with full DX groupset and splashes of Ritchey (stem, rims)

Not the most period correct build...
(decals are '93 BTW)

P1010803.JPG

P1010808.JPG

P1010809.JPG

P1010810.JPG

P1010811.JPG

Overall I do like that Gav. The red detailing to match the decals works well. Not so keen on the mismatched wheelset and tyres though.

Love the 92 Saracen range although am I right in thinking that's a 92 frame with 93 decals...?

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

I know the wheel combo is not ideal, I do have a lovely pair of XT hubs I was planning on using, but I gave up the search for the period 36hole rims. The front wheel was already built up and I thought it matches well with the Quadra and being a parallax it may help to beef up the flexy forks a little.
While on the back I laced up the closest matching rim I had, the 220 to the Pulstar hub I've had in my tool box for a while needing to be used.
The tyre combo is through choice though ;)

I think since I was adamant on using the Quadra 21's from the outset then the catalogue build went out of the window. The forks being '94, the frame '92 with replacement '93 stickers early in its life I've tried keeping everything in that era (except that front wheel). If a front pulstar hub comes about and a Mavic 220 rim then things may change...

Picked up this last Saturday for £36

SaracenRufftrax001.jpg

By Sunday it was looking like this.......

004.jpg

What do you think.........good buy, or goodbye to £36?

Back