Hope Tech X2

Running Tech M4s here and although my only other discs were Hayes I have to say the levers on these are phenomenal. Tried a few combinations of the two adjusters while keeping the same lever reach and have found my ideal now. Great stopping power and superb feel.

Don't like the look of Avids to be honest, cheap looking and the ones I have tried cheap feeling as well.

Thanks for the info guys, especially those in the trade, it looks as though I'll be going with the Hopes.

I've also held in mind the conflicts that are reported with some shifters. I use Shimano XT and found the following handy document for removing the shifter windows. Not rocket science, but worth a glance before wielding a screwdriver and hammer at them. I didn't realise they came with spare covers!

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content ... emoval.pdf

+1 from the trade. Hope.

Not even the slightest shadow of a doubt.

Even had staff from "3 of the other brands" drooling over them in the last couple of weeks.

Nick, Hope do matchmaker style clamps to attach your XT shifters to the Tech lever. They also do SRAM ones that I use on mine and very happy with them. Stops the issues that can be had mounting shifters.

Apparently Hope also say that you don't need them.

Edit: From a post on Bike Radar

Hope just contacted me, telling me matchmaker mounts are only available in silver. And that there is no advantage in having them anyway, as they do NOT improve the relative positions of brake and shifter levers...

...I have done mine now without mounts (as Hope suggested to do so) and they look and feel great. I notice that by sandwiching in the shifters this way, the levers and shifters have pivot points perfectly on top of each other.

That may be the case for XT but I had a hell of a time trying to get the x0 ones at the right angle for my thumb. All down to personal preference I suppose but I also like having one clamp for both as it looks tidier.

Back