Drumlanrig planning thread!

drum

Why don't you include a route on the edges of the Drum estate which takes in some of the superb B roads around by Penpont/Thornhill/Moniave?
Also another option is get a good OS map of the estate and speak to Rik and devise your own route, as there is tonnes of tracks in there, as the red/ black routes aren't challenging compared to the rest of the 7 stanes routes due to the estate being relatively flat??

TK the black is just a couple of extra bits on the red. Gazz and I are going on the 15th (anyone welcome BTW), I'll take a map and grill Rik.

GMC, I'll maybe get in touch and pick your brains a bit. I'll get a map soon and have a look.

TK have you had anymore thoughts on a poster?

I'm going to start a thread in the main rides section, where I'll update and pertinent details.

drum

No worries Kaiser
But do so before sun as I'm away to Morzine for a weeks biking next week!! :D

But a good OS map will show you lots of other options in and around Drum. Hope you get a dry day when you're all there as those tree roots are a killer when it's wet!!! Lol

Greig.

My poster thoughts have been around Tunnocks Caramel Wafers/Logs - Killie Pies - Soreen Malt Loafs (not scottish) - Bon Accord (Limeade) - Highland Toffee - Irn Bru - Malt Whisky.

The old Highland Toffee packs are just a bit "shortbread tin" and not as good as I remember, although that might not be an issue.

Caramel wafers would be a quick and easy render using very similar techniques to last years.

I'll crack on with ideas at lunchtime. but if you pick any from above, I'll just do it.

I think that's what brought the killie pie to mind, although eating one that had sweated in a car for a few hours might be a risk assessment too far.

I'll squeeze out a caramel log at lunchtime, then I'll start on the poster.

Half a mo Kaiser, I thought the event was Saturday 14th but now you say its Sunday 15th. Would a Saturday no be better from the point of view of recovery time before folks return to work on Monday :?

Further using trails outwith of the waymarked red and black requires a great deal more homework, getting lost on the day will not look good :oops:

Might be able to join you on the reccy on the 15th, need to know time though, not keen on 9am starts at the Drum ;)

Always been planned for Sunday the 14th Velo, not sure why the sunday was picked initially but the calendar has been in place for a few months now.

Back