old-school Dawes and Giant find... pics added

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
#Just posted this in the main chat but thought i should ask you lot too.

Hey :)

Cheesing!!

Just been out for a walk this summers evening; and discovered 2 bikes beside the bins on our street! Joy!

Seems to be a circa 1992 16" Dawes MountainTrack in decent nick - full 200GS groupset in lovely satin purple.
(anyone have archive photo's at all?!)
Will be building this pour moi.
(if i don't quit and bin it. ;) )

And also a lovely Purple Ladies Giant H-ollywood with SL-TY31 Thumbies.
(any idea on age/ageing? Lumo green stickers :cool: )
Will be building this pour le missus.
(if i don't quit and bin it. ;) )

Only been on the site for a month or two and constantly day-dreaming about bikes of the retro variety to get my teeth cut into - and these two pop up on my street! Joy! :)

Will fire up photos when my flatmate gets back from the Kelburn Garden party with the camera.

Keep 'em peeled folks! There's gold in them there hills. ;)

Get some pics up, it's a shame what people throw out - they could at least drop it off at a charity.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
velomaniac":ax244oql said:
Found a recent ebay add of a Dawes Mountaintrack, looks like what you describe:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MENS-DAWES-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-/190533829430?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&clk_rvr_id=245648729792
Nice bike, sort of thing I like but I do have a rep for lower end kit :oops:
Hope to see you out on it sometime ;)

that's a bingo! Aye, same model, same year, for sure.
Photo doesn't do the frame/fork colours justice.

Thank you very much for taking time to find/post that ;)

I'm not racing anymore so I doubt you'll see me unless in Edinburgh or a random trip to Glentress ;)
pics inabitty.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ken":9olpnw8l said:
Get some pics up, it's a shame what people throw out - they could at least drop it off at a charity.

_MG_1929.jpg

_MG_1926.jpg

_MG_1925.jpg

_MG_1924.jpg

_MG_1922.jpg

_MG_1921.jpg

_MG_1920.jpg

_MG_1919.jpg

_MG_1918.jpg

_MG_1917.jpg

_MG_1916.jpg

_MG_1915.jpg

_MG_1914.jpg

_MG_1913.jpg

_MG_1912.jpg

I like the dawes, the monostay on the giant is nice too. The Dawes should clean up to quite a nice ride.

We don't race when we meet up, there is a carpark dash at the end for those that feel the need but our meets are generally leisurely affairs, and no one get left behind unless they want to be.

The Bike-station in Edinburgh should sort you out for parts.

Back