Show us what you did today, thread

Aye very cool Rumble :cool: would you recommend it then?

Yep, Chamonix. Nice mix of DH tracks and natural stuff. Pic 3 is one of my all time top rides (even though I've only done it twice) - gondola then chairlft up, then 5.2 miles of natural singletrack, serving down through big avalance barriers, with about 2400ft of descent. Seriously epic stuff.

Sadly, Chamonix is so popular with hikers that they're a bit scared of pissing them off - as such, most of the natural stuff is closed to bikes for all of July & August. But last week it was all open :D

kaiser":2nw2i1dt said:
Aye very cool Rumble :cool: would you recommend it then?

Most definitely recommended, with the caveat above - last week of June and not all the lifts are open yet, but next week when they are you can't ride all the trails. I've always been to Morzine/Les Gets for my Alps trips but this is so different - much less "rad" and "gnarly" but the riding's probably even more technical. Also, probably saw less than a dozen other serious mountain bikers in the week there.

Cool rumble
not quite my hill tho
P1030428.jpg

P1030411.jpg

took the dog out for a bit then went up my hill about 10 o'clock
got home at about 11:30
sweet evening

Great pics lads :cool:

Went out for 2 hours on the local trail this morning and have to say I'm loving the big fugly gt peace more and more, perfect for the rooty twisty trails round here, must get a run out soon as it is very dry and heap big fun.

clockworkgazz":t25er4yy said:
Great pics lads :cool:

Went out for 2 hours on the local trail this morning and have to say I'm loving the big fugly gt peace more and more, perfect for the rooty twisty trails round here, must get a run out soon as it is very dry and heap big fun.

Is that a invite you sweet talkin devil you? :LOL:

Love the pics Rumble, and the Dog Mikee :) I've been to chamonix in winter and would love to go in the summer. Stunning place...

P4130098.jpg

Lang way doon...
DSC00395.jpg

Gonnae stoap postin they bonnie pics ae Chamonix?

Jist makes me realise how much I want to go back there.

Been twice, mostly for climbing but we did a lot of MTBing as well.
If I could I'd move there permanently, wouldnae miss our pish summers much.

Back