1989 Saracen Tufftrax.

Very nice :cool:

I'm going to get me one of these for my next build - there was a nice Black Tufftrax Comp of the same era on the Bay a couple of weeks ago but forgot about it and missed the auction. Think I prefer your Blue one though - I remember my mate had a Pink one bitd and got ripped to shreds by everyone for it!

Muppetman there's a beauty the same in the for sale section!

As for this. Well it has come up a beauty. That original paint is just fabulous. Great memories.

Looking forward to hearing back how you rate the ride.

Muppetman. As Coomber says, there's one in the for sale section. Also think there's a black one in the ebay watch section. ;) A pink version turned up in members bikes a few months back, have a search.

Coomber. Cheers mate. You're right about the paint, it's still in great condition and reminds me why I bought my first back in 1990. :cool: Rode the last one I had round the lower loop at Gisburn earlier this year. Must admit it was pretty good. Very differnet to my Oranges but still a laugh. Will report back on this one soon.

Thats quite a transformation Edd, it looks fantastic :)

The Eiger that Paul is on about building is your old one.

Blimey! That's some great work there Edd. Really turned out very nice indeed.

I must get on with that Eiger by the way, just need bars and seatpost.
What size seatpost is your Tufftrax?

Thanks Coomber and Brocklander - I've seen the one one eBay and in the For Sale section - only problem is that whilst I was waiting for one to turn up, I've since won another 2 bikes on eBay (both Raleigh 531s which I couldn't resist!) - and the missus is going to go absolutely mental when these turn up, so I think I better wait a while before buying anything else.

This site is too addictive! I need to keep away from the eBay watch section!

Seat post is 26.4 Paul ;) Look forward to seeing what you do with the Eiger.

Get out while you still can Muppet. If the missus thinks it's bad now you should warn her it'll only get worse!!

brocklanders023":16lwiie6 said:
Get out while you still can Muppet. If the missus thinks it's bad now you should warn her it'll only get worse!!

Too late! I've only been on the site for a few months and am up to number 7! The icing on the cake was the fact that she's been asking me to clear out the cellar for years - I finally did it just to get filled up again by bikes!

As everyone else has said, an excellent build :cool:

Minty fresh...

Just need a black Saracen water bottle for the ultimate finishing touch! :D

Back