1997 Diamondback Axis..NOW FOR SALE..see'For Sale' bit

typhoon

Old School Hero
:p At long last my Axis is back together..and i reckon it looks stunning!It has its original brake blocks, tyres, chain, cables...as it has done about 50 miles and four trips from new.
I stripped it and cleaned ....headset was as new inside.and the rest just needed the dust cleaning off.
There was a bit off burr in the seat tube which had made a mess of the original seatpost as it had been inserted quite a way...so replaced it with a cheapish but good Ritchey comp; also i changed the stem 'coz i like things a bit flatter! So seatpost and stem are the only non-original bits.
It rides just amazing...just like a brand new bike, and the frame is a 'beaut..really tight and lively......i dont think there is anyway ythis is going off road...got my 1999 Mount Vision for that! :D :D :D
DSC01760.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01761-1.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

[/img]

;) If cordouroy boy is watching, that is your pysclone in the background ...just waiting for a cheque to arrive! Keeping it nice and warm...... :D

Very nice. Never seen one of those before. Rigid forks look ace too.

is that one of the few DBR's that Jango doesn't own?

is that one of the few DBR's that Jango doesn't own?

Don't be daft Kev, it's currently with my dad but I'm getting it back over Xmas...just as soon as I've built his replacement :LOL:

Nice bike by the way, but you gotta get it muddy :twisted:

:shock: Too shiny....??? Oooohhhh...i dont know.....dosn't everyone have at least one bike they cherish, that dosn't get dirty or wet?? Maybe i dont deserve it and it should go to a home where it will get scratched and rusty and muddy.....i really am not sure with this one! Hmmmmm.... :roll:

;) I was led to understand that it's four trips were just down a cycle path?track...so no, nodirt and no rain since new!!! I only picked it up a month ago...but am in areal dilemma whether to keep it or not.
Have a GT road bike for commuting....a Mount Vision for getting dirty....so i think i would just keep this dry and polish it, it is a real shame tho if i do.
I just couldnt turn it down tho when i saw it...it wasnt cheap but , compared to the routine bland gear you get today for the same money, an absolute bargain.and a joy to ride. :D

Back